- Sex Offenders: Banned on Community College Campuses
- Community Colleges Receiving Grants to Ease the Pinch of Tighter Budgets
- Should Instructors Be Allowed to Carry Guns on Campus?
- Community College Curriculum: Drastically Changed by Today's Economy
- As Community Colleges Set Budgets, Tough Decisions Must be Made
Diploma Now Required
According to a brief report in the Houston Chronicle, about half of all the college students in Nevada attend one of the state’s community colleges. At the College of Southern Nevada, there are around 44,000 students currently enrolled. However, the president of CSN, Michael Richards, said that of that number, only about nine percent graduate from college each year. Richards asserts that in order to make community college students more successful, they need to be better prepared for the rigors of higher education.
What is the Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge?
According to a report at WhiteHouse.gov, the Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge serves the ultimate goal of President Obama to emphasize faith and community involvement as a means of building understanding between diverse communities and contributing to the common good. As the President said in his address when he announced this challenge, “For over 200 years, Americans of all faiths have come together, put their shoulders to the wheel of history, and made this country what it is today. And I know that as we
Ivy Tech is the big winner in the grant offered to Indiana colleges by the Military Family Research Institute at Purdue University. This community college received more than a half-million in funding from the foundation. The money was awarded based on Ivy Tech’s efforts to enhance services for student service members, veterans, and their families, according to a report at Inside Indiana Business.
- The development of a podcast that will be used to educate students and faculty and create a supportive environment for veterans
- Enhancement of relationships between with community agencies that work with the military population, such as WorkOne and Veterans of Foreign Affairs
- The creation of a “Boots to Suits” program to help veterans transition to
As the deadlines for finalizing next year’s budgets are looming for many schools, we’ll take a look at what some of the community colleges across the nations are forced to do to make ends meet.
Cayuga Community College Hiking Tuition Rates