- Sex Offenders: Banned on Community College Campuses
- California Community College System Slammed with Budget Cuts
- How Community Colleges Fundraise to Improve Campuses
- Are Community College Leaders Entitled to Pay Raises Amidst the Recession?
- As Community Colleges Set Budgets, Tough Decisions Must be Made
Lake Michigan College, a community college in Benton Harbor, Michigan, made news recently when it announced that it is banning anyone who is registered as a sex offender of children from enrolling in courses.
Each day, 36 individuals in the United States die from drunk driving, and another 700 are injured. In 2019 alone, nearly 10,500 individuals died in alcohol-impaired accidents, equivalent to one-third of all traffic accident deaths in total, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The college recognizes drug abuse as a potential health, safety, and security problem. Students needing help in dealing
- Schools that celebrate a religious history dating back to the school’s founders. However, these schools may or may not include the particular origin of religion as a major part of their modern-day instruction or campus functions.
- Schools that are dedicated to traditional evangelical values, wherein the campus structures their conduct guidelines based on a set of religious beliefs and values. For example, some community colleges affiliate with Southern Baptist, Mennonite, and