St Charles Community College
- St. Charles Community College is an accredited, affordable, and accessible learning environment providing life-changing opportunities for personal growth and professional success.
St Charles Community College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Missouri for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 197 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|St Charles Community College||(MO) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||197 staff||32 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,153 students||1,126 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||36:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||3,466 students||514 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,687 students||612 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,100||$31,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- St Charles Community College was established in 1986; first classes in 1987. A public, comprehensive two-year community college with more than 60 associate's degree and certificate program pathways in the arts, business, and sciences, as well as career-technical fields. Offers community-based classes, workshops, seminars, and events and develops educational partnerships with schools, businesses, agencies, and institutions. The College District covers nearly all of St. Charles County, comprising the Francis Howell, St. Charles, Wentzville, Fort Zumwalt, and Orchard Farm school districts. SCC's broader service area includes the counties of Callaway, Lincoln, Montgomery, and Pike. Our beautiful 235-acre SCC campus is a source of pride for the entire community, with top-notch instruction and services geared to student success. The new Social Sciences Building, Visual Arts Building, and Café-Bookstore will provide 130,000 square feet of much-needed new space, including more than 35 classrooms and studios, a learning center, and multipurpose meeting areas. Students will enjoy the relaxed setting of the combined café and bookstore, soon to go "wireless" for laptop computer use. The three-building expansion brings the total number to 12 buildings on the beautiful 235-acre campus in Cottleville. St. Charles Community College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, a commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 415 students | 11.20 Mi940 Westport Plaza
Saint Louis,  MO  63146
- 1,530 students | 12.80 Mi2645 Generations Dr
Wildwood,  MO  63040
- 225 students | 16.60 Mi964 South Highway Drive
Fenton,  MO  63026
- 406 students | 17.50 Mi1297 North Highway Drive
Fenton,  MO  63026
- 11,439 students | 17.70 Mi11333 Big Bend Blvd
Saint Louis,  MO  63122
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.