St Charles Community College
- St. Charles Community College is an accredited, affordable, and accessible learning environment providing life-changing opportunities for personal growth and professional success.
St Charles Community College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Missouri for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 197 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|St Charles Community College||(MO) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||197 staff||32 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,153 students||1,126 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||36:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||3,466 students||514 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,687 students||612 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,100||$31,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- St Charles Community College was established in 1986; first classes in 1987. A public, comprehensive two-year community college with more than 60 associate's degree and certificate program pathways in the arts, business, and sciences, as well as career-technical fields. Offers community-based classes, workshops, seminars, and events and develops educational partnerships with schools, businesses, agencies, and institutions. The College District covers nearly all of St. Charles County, comprising the Francis Howell, St. Charles, Wentzville, Fort Zumwalt, and Orchard Farm school districts. SCC's broader service area includes the counties of Callaway, Lincoln, Montgomery, and Pike. Our beautiful 235-acre SCC campus is a source of pride for the entire community, with top-notch instruction and services geared to student success. The new Social Sciences Building, Visual Arts Building, and Café-Bookstore will provide 130,000 square feet of much-needed new space, including more than 35 classrooms and studios, a learning center, and multipurpose meeting areas. Students will enjoy the relaxed setting of the combined café and bookstore, soon to go "wireless" for laptop computer use. The three-building expansion brings the total number to 12 buildings on the beautiful 235-acre campus in Cottleville. St. Charles Community College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, a commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 415 students | 11.20 Mi940 Westport Plaza
Saint Louis,  MO  63146
- 1,530 students | 12.80 Mi2645 Generations Dr
Wildwood,  MO  63040
- 225 students | 16.60 Mi964 South Highway Drive
Fenton,  MO  63026
- 406 students | 17.50 Mi1297 North Highway Drive
Fenton,  MO  63026
- 11,439 students | 17.70 Mi11333 Big Bend Blvd
Saint Louis,  MO  63122
Earlier this year, President Obama outlined a proposal that would make community college free for millions of community college students. What does it mean for you?
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.