Pima Community College
- Since 1969, Pima Community College has been developing our community through learning. The College offers convenient, affordable educational opportunities that can help you make your dreams a reality.
- The teacher population of 665 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Pima Community College||(AZ) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||665 staff||66 staff|
|Total Enrollment||28,070 students||6,476 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||42:1||39:1|
|# Full-Time Students||9,303 students||1,336 students|
|# Part-Time Students||18,767 students||5,140 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,100||$31,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Pima Community College's West Campus, the oldest and largest in the six-campus system. More than 11,000 students each semester find affordable, quality education on Anklam Road near central Tucson. The Sonoran Desert surrounds the West Campus, which features hiking trails, shaded gathering areas, and landscaped courtyards. The West Campus, which opened in 1970, provides a full range of health-related professional programs, as well as programs in the visual and performing arts, creative writing and the sciences. Students can find a variety of transferrable courses in programs covering business, science, art, languages, computers and more. The West Campus also houses the unique Center for Archeological Field Training. Well-equipped laboratories support instruction in the sciences, health-related professions and visual and performing arts. The Center for the Arts includes the Louis Bernal Gallery, the Music Recital Hall and the Proscenium and Black Box Theaters. It provides an essential entertainment venue for the entire Tucson area. Pima Community College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Pima Community College is Southwest University of Visual Arts-Tucson (3.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 172 students | 3.90 Mi2525 N Country Club Rd
Tucson,  AZ  85716
- 1,948 students | 4.10 Mi3350 East Grant Road, Suite 200
Tucson,  AZ  85716
- 611 students | 5.30 Mi4585 E Speedway Blvd.
Tucson,  AZ  85712
- 507 students | 6.50 Mi5441 E. 22nd St, Ste.125
Tucson,  AZ  85711
- 5,937 students | 63.80 Mi8470 N Overfield Rd
Coolidge,  AZ  85128
Combine underwater adventures with scientific discoveries and crystal blue waters, and you may have a dream career as a marine biologist. Learn about how you can start your marine biology training right at community college!
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.