Lorain County Community College
- Lorain County Community College, a vital and dynamic leader, serves a culturally diverse community by promoting education, economic, cultural and community development. The College encourages lifelong learning through accessible and affordable academic, career-oriented and continuing education.
|Lorain County Community College||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||314 staff||35 staff|
- LCCC is Ohio's top-ranked community college. LCCC has received the state of Ohio's highest quality rating for educational institutions by achieving the Tier 3 Achievement of Excellence. And in 2002, LCCC enrolled a record number of students in over 30 credit programs, along with over 2,000 students in our innovative University Partnership program. Lorain County Community College was granted a charter to serve Lorain County's higher education needs on July 15, 1963. In 1966, LCCC moved to its current location on Abbe Road North, in Elyria, making LCCC the first community college in Ohio to have a permanent campus. The campus opened with three buildings: Engineering Technologies, Mechanical Services, and Physical and Social Sciences. By the end of the fall semester, three more buildings were opened: Business, College Center and Physical Education. At Lorain County Community College, there are many different types of degree programs to meet your unique needs. LCCC has transfer programs where you can earn an Associate of Arts or an Associate of Science Degree. LCCC also offers applied programs where you earn an Associate of Applied Business or Science, or Certificates of Proficiency or Completion. The intent of these programs is to give you marketable skills. Examples of applied programs are: Nursing, Electronics, Business Management and Police Science. Another unique degree opportunity allows for students to have some input, with approval, into the design of their own program with the Associate of Individualized Studies and the Associate of Technical Studies. LCCC received full accreditation by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, the highest-ranking accrediting association of higher education institutions.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 420 students | 1.50 Mi5095 Waterford Dr.
Elyria,  OH  44035
(440) 934-3101 1.50420
- 541 students | 14.90 Mi12955 Snow Rd
Cleveland,  OH  44130
(216) 265-3151 14.90541
- 166 students | 16.40 Mi11724 Detroit Avenue
Lakewood,  OH  44107
(216) 221-8584 16.40166
- 27,084 students | 20.90 Mi700 Carnegie Ave
Cleveland,  OH  44115
(800) 954-8742 20.9027,084
- 2,100 students | 21.20 Mi1776 E 17th St
Cleveland,  OH  44114
(216) 781-9400 21.202,100