Solar Technology Lab Opens in Maine
Kennebec Valley Community College has plenty to celebrate this year. The school is opening a new Solar Heating and Cooling Lab in the Muriel P. Frye building on the Fairfield campus, according to a report in the Morning Sentinel. The college was chosen by the U.S. Department of Energy in 2009 as one of nine regional resource and training locations nationwide. The Department of Energy partnered with the U.S. Departments of Labor and Education to launch the Solar Instructor Training Network at community colleges across the country.
- System design
- Safety and maintenance
- Installation procedures
- Basic plumbing methods
- Battery technology fundamentals
- Determination of solar function
- Principles and load calculations
- System installation
- Inverter operations and systems sizing
- Wiring systems calculations
- Identification of controller Students are prepared for entry-level positions in the solar technology industry tapes
This video offers another look at the job of a solar technician.