- Kennebec Valley Community College, one of the seven colleges in the Maine Community College System, is a commuter college located on a sixty-acre campus in central Maine.
Kennebec Valley Community College serves 2,297 students (22% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is higher than the state community college average of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 8% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is more than the state average of 15%.
- Enrollment: 2,297 students
- In-state tuition: $3,345
- Out-state tuition: $6,045
- Student:teacher ratio: 19:1
- Minority enrollment: 8%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 122 teachers has grown by 69% over five years.
Kennebec Valley Community College
(ME) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Kennebec Valley Community College has declined by 10% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has decreased from 20:1 over five years.
The Kennebec Valley Community College diversity score of 0.15 is less than the state average of 0.27. The school's diversity has declined by 56% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $3,345 is less than the state average of $4,020. The in-state tuition has declined by 10% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $6,045 is less than the state average of $7,666. The out-state tuition has declined by 7% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- KVCC was organized in 1969 by the 104th Maine Legislature and first classes began in the fall of 1970, with 35 full-time and 131 part-time students. Since then, KVCC has undergone many changes and has grown to an enrollment of 1,772 full and part-time students enrolled in credit courses for the fall semester, 2004. In addition, non-credit enrollment and contract training enhance KVCC's enrollment by approximately 1,043 students. The College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc. and offers 25 full-time associate degree, diploma and certificate programs. In addition, KVCC offers a comprehensive schedule of continuing education courses and business and industry outreach programs. Kennebec Valley Community College's Center for Professional Development has an established history in industrial, mechanical, medical, safety, computer, and business training. Areas in which courses are available include, but are not limited to Motion Control / Mechanical Maintenance, OSHA, Industrial, Licensure Courses, Business and Computers and Personal Enrichment. The Marden Center for Student Success provides numerous services designed to meet individual academic and learning needs by interacting with students, faculty and staff to promote educational opportunity, academic achievement, and personal growth. The Center offers specialized advising and registration, short-term personal counseling, career guidance, general information and referral to community services. The Continuing/Community Education Division (CED) at Kennebec Valley Community College provides credit and Professional Development course offerings and training to those individuals, businesses and organizations that require flexible scheduling and unique, innovative programming.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Kennebec Valley Community College cost?
Kennebec Valley Community College's tuition is approximately $3,345 for In-State students and $6,045 for Out-State students.
What schools are Kennebec Valley Community College often compared to?
Kennebec Valley Community Collegeis often viewed alongside schools like Southern Maine Community College by visitors of our site.
What is Kennebec Valley Community College's ranking?
Kennebec Valley Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Maine for: Least expensive tuition.
How to Take Online Community College Classes for Free
Learn about programs across the country that allow students to take online community college classes for free.
A Nontraditional Student’s Guide to Community College
Going to college is hard work but it’s even more challenging for nontraditional students who are working or raising a family at the same time. If you’re considering community college to improve your life or further your career, here’s everything you need to know.
Beyond the High School Classroom: The Pros and Cons of Dual Enrollment
Explore the intricacies of dual enrollment, a growing educational trend that allows high school students to earn college credits. This comprehensive guide delves into its history, eligibility requirements, benefits, and drawbacks, offering valuable insights for both parents and students considering this path.