Kennebec Valley Community College
- Kennebec Valley Community College, one of the seven colleges in the Maine Community College System, is a commuter college located on a sixty-acre campus in central Maine.
- Enrollment: 2,406 students
- In-state tuition: $3,345
- Out-state tuition: $6,045
- Student:teacher ratio: 20:1
- Minority enrollment: 19%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- KVCC was organized in 1969 by the 104th Maine Legislature and first classes began in the fall of 1970, with 35 full-time and 131 part-time students. Since then, KVCC has undergone many changes and has grown to an enrollment of 1,772 full and part-time students enrolled in credit courses for the fall semester, 2004. In addition, non-credit enrollment and contract training enhance KVCC's enrollment by approximately 1,043 students. The College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc. and offers 25 full-time associate degree, diploma and certificate programs. In addition, KVCC offers a comprehensive schedule of continuing education courses and business and industry outreach programs. Kennebec Valley Community College's Center for Professional Development has an established history in industrial, mechanical, medical, safety, computer, and business training. Areas in which courses are available include, but are not limited to Motion Control / Mechanical Maintenance, OSHA, Industrial, Licensure Courses, Business and Computers and Personal Enrichment. The Marden Center for Student Success provides numerous services designed to meet individual academic and learning needs by interacting with students, faculty and staff to promote educational opportunity, academic achievement, and personal growth. The Center offers specialized advising and registration, short-term personal counseling, career guidance, general information and referral to community services. The Continuing/Community Education Division (CED) at Kennebec Valley Community College provides credit and Professional Development course offerings and training to those individuals, businesses and organizations that require flexible scheduling and unique, innovative programming.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Kennebec Valley Community College cost?
Kennebec Valley Community College's tuition is approximately $3,345 for In-State students and $6,045 for Out-State students.
What is Kennebec Valley Community College's ranking?
Kennebec Valley Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Maine for: Least expensive tuition.