Arapahoe Community College
- Dream of a better life. Of an associate degree and beyond. Whatever your goals and interests may be, ACC can help you Move Mountains. We offer over 90 degrees and certificates to get you started on a path to a new career, whether you are looking for your first job or a career change. Or maybe this is just the beginning of your educational journey. We work with four-year institutions around the state to provide easy transfer options.
Arapahoe Community College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Colorado for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 235 teachers has grown by 17% over five years.
|Arapahoe Community College||(CO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||235 staff||40 staff|
|Total Enrollment||9,644 students||1,643 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,926 students||742 students|
|# Part-Time Students||7,718 students||901 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,200||$33,100|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||31 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Astronomy Club, Bee Keeping Club, Book Club, Clay Club, Computer Club, CRU, Cyber Security Club, Dance Club, Early Childhood Education Club, Elevate, Gamers Club, History Club, Interior Design Club, Japanese Club, Jewelry Club, Journalism Club, Motorsports Club, Music Technology Club, National Society of Leadership and Success, Paralegal Club, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Photography Club, Physical Therapy Assistant Club, Ski Club, Spanish Club, Student Government, Student Veterans Association, Study Abroad Association, Sustainability Club, Transfer Club, Writers Studio Clu
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- ACC is an innovative, learning-centered community college. With more than 50 years of service to our community and locations in LIttleton, Parker and Castle Rock, our highly qualified and dedicated faculty and staff assure your success. We offer more than 90 Degrees and Certificates ranging from computer science, automotive technology, mortuary science, nursing, interior design and criminal justice. Start at ACC and Move Mountains Anywhere! After achieving your Associate Degree, you can go directly into the workforce or transfer your credits to complete your Bachelor's Degree at a Colorado 4-year Institution. ACC will help you with every step.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Arapahoe Community College is Westwood College-Denver South (3.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 236 students | 3.50 Mi3150 S Sheridan Blvd
Denver,  CO  80227
- 154 students | 3.60 Mi3001 S Federal Blvd
Denver,  CO  80236
- 1,263 students | 6.90 Mi11194 E 45th Ave
Denver,  CO  80239
- 176 students | 7.00 Mi7655 W Mississippi Ste 100
Denver,  CO  80226
- 407 students | 7.10 Mi1385 S Colorado Blvd., 5th Floor
Denver,  CO  80222
The Online Education Initiative will greatly expand course offerings for community college students, while making the transfer process between institutions much more smooth. The Initiative has its critics, however, who decry the loss of local control over education.
A recent study reveals that job applicants with a credential or associate’s degree from a community college have slightly better chances of getting a job interview than students who attend a for-profit college or university. Since community colleges are much more budget friendly than for-profit institutions and have much better job placement results, community colleges are a much better option for employment-minded students.
After City College of San Francisco loses its accreditation, other community colleges in the state are facing warnings, sanctions and possible loss of accreditation as well.