Salt Lake Community College
- Salt Lake Community College is a public, open-access, comprehensive community college committed to serving the broader community. Its mission is to provide quality higher education and lifelong learning to people of diverse cultures, abilities, and ages, and to serve the needs of community and government agencies, business, industry and other employers.
Salt Lake Community College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Utah for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Debt For Students Least debt for graduating students
- The teacher population of 728 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Salt Lake Community College||(UT) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||728 staff||34 staff|
|Total Enrollment||30,248 students||914 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||42:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||7,894 students||270 students|
|# Part-Time Students||22,354 students||644 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$41,900||$32,700|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Salt Lake Community College is an accredited, multi-campus college serving the diverse needs of the Salt Lake City community. With an open-door enrollment policy, the College serves more than 60,000 students through credit and non-credit courses and workshops each year, making it the largest institution of higher education in Utah. The Salt Lake Community College has also moved into the heart of downtown Salt Lake City. The Main Street Center, located at 115 South Main Street, is perfect for those living or working downtown. Students can easily take courses on their lunch break, before or after work. The 76,000-square-foot Main Street Center offers 12 classrooms, 2 computer labs, and a high tech conference room. Salt Lake Community College focuses upon serving students in their pursuit of vocational, technical, general, or continuing education. SLCC offers more than 100 degree programs, as well as continuing education, apprenticeships and other options to help students achieve their educational objectives. The college offers Associate of Arts Degree (AA), Associate of Arts in Business (AA), Associate of Science Degree (AS), Associate of Science in Business (AS), Associate of Pre-Engineering (APE), Associate of Applied Science Degree (AAS), Diplomas, Certificates of Completion, Certificates and Letter of General Education Completion. Salt Lake Community College is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU), an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and/or the U.S. Department of Education.
- The nearest community college to Salt Lake Community College is Stevens-Henager College (Murray) (2.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,692 students | 2.00 Mi383 W Vine St
Salt Lake City,  UT  84123
- 329 students | 2.30 Mi5588 South Green Street
Salt Lake City,  UT  84123
- 217 students | 2.50 Mi3280 W 3500 S
West Valley City,  UT  84119
- 371 students | 3.70 Mi3949 S 700 E Ste 150
Salt Lake City,  UT  84107
- 219 students | 4.20 Mi1902 W 7800 S
West Jordan,  UT  84088
Take advantage of career opportunities in the field of radio broadcasting by starting your training at your local community college.
Being a single parent is difficult (and expensive) but it shouldn't stop you from furthering your education. Read on to learn how to pay for community college as a single parent.
If you're preparing to apply to college, use your summer wisely and complete a few college visits. Read on to learn how to plan and how to get the most from each visit.