- Salt Lake Community College is a public, open-access, comprehensive community college committed to serving the broader community. Its mission is to provide quality higher education and lifelong learning to people of diverse cultures, abilities, and ages, and to serve the needs of community and government agencies, business, industry and other employers.
- Enrollment: 27,293 students
- In-state tuition: $3,469
- Out-state tuition: $11,011
- Student:teacher ratio: 14:1
- Minority enrollment: 31%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Salt Lake Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Utah for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Salt Lake Community College is an accredited, multi-campus college serving the diverse needs of the Salt Lake City community. With an open-door enrollment policy, the College serves more than 60,000 students through credit and non-credit courses and workshops each year, making it the largest institution of higher education in Utah. The Salt Lake Community College has also moved into the heart of downtown Salt Lake City. The Main Street Center, located at 115 South Main Street, is perfect for those living or working downtown. Students can easily take courses on their lunch break, before or after work. The 76,000-square-foot Main Street Center offers 12 classrooms, 2 computer labs, and a high tech conference room. Salt Lake Community College focuses upon serving students in their pursuit of vocational, technical, general, or continuing education. SLCC offers more than 100 degree programs, as well as continuing education, apprenticeships and other options to help students achieve their educational objectives. The college offers Associate of Arts Degree (AA), Associate of Arts in Business (AA), Associate of Science Degree (AS), Associate of Science in Business (AS), Associate of Pre-Engineering (APE), Associate of Applied Science Degree (AAS), Diplomas, Certificates of Completion, Certificates and Letter of General Education Completion. Salt Lake Community College is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU), an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and/or the U.S. Department of Education.