What is VOW and VRAP?
According to the website for the United States Department of Veteran Affairs, Veterans Opportunity to Work (VOW) to Hire Heroes Act of 2011 was designed to offer a seamless transition to veterans exiting their service and preparing to work in the private sector. The program was signed into law by President Obama and is funded by the Department of Veterans Affairs. The Veterans Retraining Assistance Program is a part of VOW and was created through a joint effort between the Department of Veterans Affairs and the Department of Labor.
- Between the ages of 35 and 60
- Classified as unemployed at the time of the application
- Not enrolled in federal or state training program
- Not eligible for other benefits under the GI Bill or other VA program
- Received a discharge other than a dishonorable discharge
- Not receiving VA compensation due to unemployability