Attracting students from all walks of like, community college campuses are rich with diversity. This section covers a myriad of issues relating to student populations. Learn more about LGBT support on community college campuses, explore adult-friendly degree programmers and, see what resources are available to veterans.
View the most popular articles in Student Populations:
- Programs for Senior Citizens and Retirees at Community Colleges
- Special Challenges and Support for First-Generation Community College Students
- Which Community College is Best for Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder?
- Community College Review Diversity Report: Which Campuses are Most Diverse?
- At-Risk Students Find Success at Community Colleges
Community College Review Diversity Report: Which Campuses are Most Diverse?
Plus-50 Encore Completion Program Expanding, Thanks to Grants
Veterans Services Abound at Community Colleges
10 Tips for Career Changers Heading to Community College
Does Higher Education at Community Colleges Perpetuate Inequality?
Inequality does not appear to be a result of restricted access to higher education opportunities. Since the recession, students have been heading to institutions of higher education in droves, whether to train for a new career or launch a successful field of study right out of high school. The increased enrollment at community colleges, in particular, has broadened the field to students from all economic and cultural backgrounds, guaranteeing a more diverse student body at many institutions across the country.