- How Community Colleges Fundraise to Improve Campuses
- California Community College System Slammed with Budget Cuts
- Budget Crisis: Will Community Colleges Be Declared Financial Emergencies?
- As Community Colleges Set Budgets, Tough Decisions Must be Made
- Community College Curriculum: Drastically Changed by Today's Economy
- Outsourcing can lead to more efficient and higher quality education.
- A standardized curriculum offers consistency in quality.
- A competitive market usually means a higher quality of product and service.
- There are cost savings between hiring additional faculty and outsourcing teaching services.
- Profit-making industries present a conflict of interest with the public goals of colleges.
- Outsourcing could undermine the tenure-based employment system.
- The quality of teaching could be lower.
- There is a lack of control by faculty over curriculum and course design.
Stimulus Funding and Community Colleges
The current economy's influence has permeated the educational realm much further than simple budget cuts. In fact, the community college curriculum may be permanently changed by today's economy.