Suffolk County Community College
- The teacher population of 754 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Suffolk County Community College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||754 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||26,600 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||35:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||14,318 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||12,282 students||538 students|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$40,700||$35,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Suffolk County Community College is Five Towns College (16.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 687 students | 16.90 Mi305 North Service Road
Huntington Station,  NY  11746
- 240 students | 19.50 Mi320 S. Service Road
Melville,  NY  11747
- 8,394 students | 20.70 Mi2350 Broadhollow Road
Farmingdale,  NY  11735
- 103 students | 22.40 Mi128 Broadway Rte 110
Amityville,  NY  11701
- 5,288 students | 23.80 Mi900 Lafayette Blvd
Bridgeport,  CT  06604
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.