Suffolk County Community College
- The teacher population of 754 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Suffolk County Community College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||754 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||26,600 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||35:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||14,318 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||12,282 students||538 students|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$40,700||$35,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Suffolk County Community College is Five Towns College (16.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 687 students | 16.90 Mi305 North Service Road
Huntington Station,  NY  11746
- 240 students | 19.50 Mi320 S. Service Road
Melville,  NY  11747
- 8,394 students | 20.70 Mi2350 Broadhollow Road
Farmingdale,  NY  11735
- 103 students | 22.40 Mi128 Broadway Rte 110
Amityville,  NY  11701
- 5,288 students | 23.80 Mi900 Lafayette Blvd
Bridgeport,  CT  06604
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.