Macomb Community College
- As a publicly funded and community-based institution of higher education, Macomb Community College provides a comprehensive program of high-quality educational, enrichment, and economic development experiences designed to promote individual growth and social improvement.
Macomb Community College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Michigan for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Debt For Students Least debt for graduating students
- The teacher population of 464 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Macomb Community College||(MI) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||464 staff||100 staff|
|Total Enrollment||22,914 students||3,505 students|
|# Full-Time Students||7,514 students||1,591 students|
|# Part-Time Students||15,400 students||1,914 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,600||$30,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Macomb Community College has existed as a learning community since 1954 when classrooms were borrowed and fall enrollment was 84. Macomb, the second largest community college in Michigan, offers more of the kinds of programs to prepare people for life and work in the 21st century at many locations throughout Macomb County: Nearly 200 degree and certificate programs; nearly 40 bachelor's completion and master's degree programs at Macomb's University Center; pre-college programs to help high school students plan for their future; customized workforce training; certification and professional education; and community enrichment programs. Whether just starting college, changing career direction or learning just for fun, there's more at Macomb. Students enrolled in any one of the Macomb University Center's academic programs have at their disposal the educational and co-curricular resources of both the partner institutions and Macomb Community College. In devising its "best of both worlds" approach, Macomb believes it has created a unique plan for a unique student. Macomb Community College is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Macomb Community College is Baker College Corporate Services (4.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 4.70 Mi34401 S Gratiot Ave
Clinton Township,  MI  48035
- 3,625 students | 4.80 Mi34950 Little Mack Ave
Clinton Township,  MI  48035
- 16,310 students | 12.90 Mi801 W. Fort Street
Detroit,  MI  48226
- 289 students | 13.80 Mi26999 Central Park Blvd., Ste. 125
Southfield,  MI  48076
- 1,113 students | 14.10 Mi800 West Avon Road
Rochester,  MI  48307
Learn how community college can be a great start for becoming a scientist or engineer.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.