What is the Talent Search Program?
According to the Ed.gov website, the Talent Search Program is designed to help disadvantaged youth with the potential to succeed in postsecondary education. This program identifies youth that falls into this category and provides them with the financial, career, and academic support they need to succeed in high school and beyond. Talent Search also looks for individuals who have not yet completed their secondary or postsecondary education and provides necessary resources to encourage those individuals to return to the world of academia to earn their high school equivalency and a postsecondary degree or certificate.
- Aptitude assessments and counseling to prepare students for the rigors of college
- Mentoring and tutorial programs to come alongside students and help them succeed
- Counseling services to assist students with financial challenges that might arise
- Career exploration resources to help students plan for their futures
- Information about various postsecondary options available
- Alternative education options for those returning to finish their secondary education