Bunker Hill Community College
- Bunker Hill Community College is a public institution of higher education offering programs and courses of study including Arts and Science, nursing and allied health, domestic and international business, hospitality and culinary arts, early childhood development, electronics and computer applications. The college supports open access to post-secondary education by providing a range of educational opportunities that include distance learning, self-directed learning and an honors program. The college offers an entry-level assessment program for new incoming students, a sound foundation in developmental studies and, for non-native English speaking students, a variety of levels of English as a Second Language (ESL) instruction.
Bunker Hill Community College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Massachusetts for:
- The teacher population of 342 teachers has grown by 31% over five years.
|Bunker Hill Community College||(MA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||342 staff||96 staff|
|Total Enrollment||14,253 students||3,428 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||42:1||26:1|
|# Full-Time Students||4,549 students||1,076 students|
|# Part-Time Students||9,704 students||2,352 students|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,600||$35,600|
- A multi-campus urban institution, Bunker Hill Community College's main campus is situated on 42 acres in the historic Charlestown neighborhood of Boston. The college has a branch campus in Chelsea in what was once the historic Old Post Office Building in Bellingham Square. Satellite campuses are located in Cambridge, Chinatown, Revere, Somerville and South End. Founded in 1973 by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, BHCC enrolls more than 7,800 students in day, evening, weekend, web-based and distance learning courses and programs. The college offers more than 65 associate degree and certificate programs that prepare students for successful employment and transfer to four-year universities. Internationally recognized for development of individualized and alternative methods of instruction, BHCC is a leader in distance learning technologies that enhance and strengthen the learning environment. The college also has expansive course offerings in English as a Second Language and Adult Basic Education. For many students, Bunker Hill Community College's degree and certificate programs in the health care professions, business, computers or culinary arts are the roads to success. Others see BHCC as a good way to begin their careers in higher education. Bunker Hill Community College graduates seeking advanced degrees have transferred to four-year institutions such as UMass, Suffolk, Yale, Tufts, MIT, Wellesley and many other colleges and universities. One of the largest colleges in the state's community college system, BHCC incorporates multi-cultural and international perspectives in its courses, programs and institutional climate. With students from more than 90 countries, and students of color comprising more than half of the student's population, BHCC is one of the most diverse and cosmopolitan colleges in New England. The average age of students is 28, nearly two-thirds are women and the majority of all students work while attending college. An expansive array of student services support the varied needs of the BHCC students.
- The nearest community college to Bunker Hill Community College is Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-Cambridge (1.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 474 students | 1.00 Mi215 First St
Cambridge,  MA  02142
- 810 students | 1.30 Mi178 Tremont St 7th Fl
Boston,  MA  02111
- 828 students | 1.50 Mi118 Beacon Street
Boston,  MA  02116
(617) 236-8800 1.50828
- 841 students | 1.70 Mi10 High St Ste 204
Boston,  MA  02110
- 1,108 students | 1.80 Mi122 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston,  MA  02116