Career Training 101
- Tips for Finding a Job After Community College
- 10 Top-Rated Careers You Can Do from Home with a Community College Degree
- 10 Top Health Fields You Can Enter with an Associate Degree
- Careers After Community College
- Fast Track Job Training Offered to Displaced Workers through Philadelphia Community Colleges
Love crunching numbers? Perhaps now is the time to launch a brand new career in the accounting industry. Whether you lean toward tax preparation or financial planning, your community college degree in accounting or finance can get you started on a rewarding career path. Use your previous professional experience and your new training to land a position and fit in perfectly with the financial industry. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates the average annual salary for accountants to be $61,690.
What is JobTrakPA?
JobTrakPA is a new program in Pennsylvania that was created with federal dollars from the Department of Labor. The agency recently awarded the state a $20 million grant through the Department of Labor Trade Adjustment Assistance Community College Career Training (TAACCCT) program. The program allows displaced Pennsylvania workers to train for in-demand jobs within the state, by pairing community college course offerings directly with the needs of the community. The program has awarded grants to states across the country that demonstrated a need for job re-training and the necessary resources to provide the right kind of training to displaced workers in the community.