The new “Make it Personal: College Completion” campaign was initiated by the American Association of Community Colleges with financial support from the National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy. According to USA Today, the campaign material makes its point through “edgy material” designed to speak directly to today’s community college student. The goal of the program is to encourage community college students to “make smart decisions about sex and relationships.” This particular project is geared toward young adults and strives to be non-political by avoiding controversial subjects like abortion.
- Chattahoochee Technical College in Marietta, Georgia
- Georgia Perimeter College in Clarkston, Georgia
- Mesa Community College in Mesa, Arizona
- Montgomery College in Takoma Park, Maryland
- Palo Alto College in San Antonio, Texas
“It’s a pressing issue in our community,” Flores said.