Chattahoochee Technical College
- Chattahoochee Technical College, a unit of the Technical College System of Georgia, is a public, multi-campus, two-year college that provides accessible, high quality technical, academic, and adult education and training that promotes the economic growth and development of North Central Georgia. The college successfully prepares individuals for employment and assists them in pursuing their educational, career and personal goals through a variety of learning opportunities that include associate degree, diploma, and certificate programs, as well as non-credit and public service offerings.
- The teacher population of 258 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Chattahoochee Technical College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||258 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||9,942 students||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||39:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||3,059 students||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||6,883 students||1,473 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,900||$29,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Appalachian Technical College, Chattahoochee Technical College and North Metro Technical College have merged together to form the largest technical college in the state with a combined student population of 11,000. Our seven campus locations (Acworth, Austell, Dallas, Jasper, Marietta-W. Cobb & E. Cobb Counties, and Woodstock) will provide the workforce needed to stimulate Georgia's community and economic growth and development. Over 100 associate degree, diploma and certificate programs offered in the areas of: Business Sciences, Computer Sciences & Engineering Technology, Health Programs, Personal & Public Services, and Technical Programs.Chattahoochee Technical College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees. Equal Opportunity Institution. A Unit of the Technical College System of Georgia.
- The nearest community college to Chattahoochee Technical College is Fortis College-Smyrna (8.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 642 students | 8.50 Mi2108 Cobb Parkway
Smyrna,  GA  30080
- 247 students | 8.50 Mi2359 Windy Hill Road
Marietta,  GA  30067
- 2,512 students | 8.90 Mi5198 Ross Rd
Acworth,  GA  30102
- 2,623 students | 11.90 Mi6600 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd., 100 Embassy Row
Atlanta,  GA  30328
- 428 students | 12.70 Mi1140 Hammond Dr Ste A-1150
Atlanta,  GA  30328
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.