Palo Alto College
- As a public comprehensive community college, Palo Alto College provides exemplary, accessible education and training to a diverse and aspiring community. The College educates, nurtures, and inspires students through a dynamic and supportive learning environment, which promotes the intellectual, cultural, economic and social life of the community.
- Enrollment: 11,193 students
- In-state tuition: $5,550
- Out-state tuition: $10,740
- Student:teacher ratio: 25:1
- Minority enrollment: 86%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The college was founded in 1985 with the mission of providing higher education in the Southside with the goal of transferring students as well as preparing them for the workforce. In the past 20 years, we have excelled in our transfer programs. We are the community college that has the highest transfer rate in the State of Texas for Hispanics. The average transfer rate for Hispanic students in Texas is 8.9% - at Palo Alto College it is 38% for Hispanics. Palo Alto College offers general, transfer, and technical education; basic skills development and comprehensive literacy programs; continuing education and community outreach; student success and support programs; instructional technologies and distance education; library information resources and institutional research, planning, development and evaluation. In the workforce areas, we have added new programs in Academic Computer Technology, Aviation Management, Criminal Justice, Environmental Studies, Electro-Mechanical Technology, Health Professions, Logistics, Nursing, Teacher Education, and Turfgrass Management. Palo Alto College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees and by Committee on Animal Technician Activities and Training of the Amercian Veterinary Medical Association. Its programs are approved by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, the Federal Aviation Agency, and the American Society of Transportation and Logistics.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Palo Alto College cost?
Palo Alto College's tuition is approximately $5,550 for In-State students and $10,740 for Out-State students.
What schools are Palo Alto College often compared to?
Palo Alto Collegeis often viewed alongside schools like Northwest Vista College by visitors of our site.