- Georgia Perimeter College, a non-residential institution, serves diverse populations of traditional and nontraditional students in Greater Metropolitan Atlanta. Placing learning first, we provide accessible and affordable high quality undergraduate credit and non-credit programs for students seeking to complete an associate degree, transfer to a senior college or university, prepare for immediate entry into a career, pursue personal goals or enhance current workplace skills. Our curriculum specializes in liberal arts and professional preparation and promotes international and intercultural understanding. We also serve the broader community as an educational, cultural, and economic resource.
- Enrollment: 17,383 students
- In-state tuition: $3,150
- Out-state tuition: $9,075
- Acceptance Rate: 78%
- Student:teacher ratio: 22:1
- Minority enrollment: 79%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Georgia State University-Perimeter College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Georgia for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Founded by the citizens of DeKalb County and the DeKalb Board of Education under the Junior College Act of 1958, Georgia Perimeter College opened as DeKalb College with its Clarkston Campus in 1964. It was the only public junior college in the state supported and controlled by a local board of education. It was established in order that any resident of the DeKalb School District who held a high school diploma or its equivalent and who desired to seek two years of postsecondary education might have the opportunity to do so. The college's Decatur (formerly known as South) Campus opened in 1972. Also beginning in 1972, students enrolled in DeKalb Area Technical School were able to enroll dually in vocational and collegiate programs, and the college was designated DeKalb Community College. As growth continued both for DeKalb County and the college, the Dunwoody (Formerly North) Campus was added and began operation in 1979. DeKalb College pioneered in Georgia in open-door admissions, personalized approaches to instruction, and community-related curricula and activities. The Decatur Campus is one of the most scenic college campuses in the entire Atlanta area. The campus is surrounded by lush landscaped acres; it even houses its own botanical garden. Several miles of walking trails and tree-lined walkways connect the north and south portions of the campus. On your tour you will find tennis courts, a basketball court and a junior Olympic size swimming pool. The campus boasts ample parking spaces and the lots are all conveniently located. College curricula feature transfer, learning support, career, continuing and distance education programs as well as joint educational offerings with other system institutions and state-supported technical institutes. Associate degrees are awarded to graduates who complete the two-year transfer and career programs. Georgia Perimeter College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, and Associate of Applied Science degrees.