Ivy Tech Community College
- As a statewide, open-access, community college, Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana provides residents of Indiana with professional, technical, transfer, and lifelong education for successful careers, personal development, and citizenship. Through its affordable, quality educational programs and services, the College strengthens Indiana's economy and enhances its cultural development.
Top Placements (Indiana)
Listed among the top community colleges in Indiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body
- The teacher population of 2,658 teachers has grown by 768% over five years.
|Ivy Tech Community College||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Total Faculty||2,658 staff||28 staff|
|Total Enrollment||91,179 students||1,806 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||34:1||34:1|
|# Full-Time Students||28,815 students||507 students|
|# Part-Time Students||62,364 students||1,299 students|
|% Two or more races||-||-|
|% Non Resident races||-||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,500||$31,500|
- Ivy Tech is a statewide open-admissions community college that has grown into the second-largest post-secondary institution in Indiana. Our programs lead to two-year associate's degrees and one-year technical certificates. With 23 campuses and low tuition, Ivy Tech is both convenient and affordable. Offering the first two years of a bachelor's degree is a key function of Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana, and the most obvious. But there is much more to our role: Ivy Tech has a blueprint for workforce education, lifelong learning, community service, student life, diversity and more ? all to help boost the people of Indiana to a higher standard of living and higher quality of life. For over three decades, Ivy Tech has responded to the needs of state and community, and now has behind it the full weight of a community college structure. Working with state and local government and our fellow institutions of higher education, Ivy Tech Community College will help transform Indiana by transforming individuals, towns, and cities. Ivy Tech-Central Indiana offers academic courses in area communities, including Avon, Beech Grove, Ben Davis High School, Carmel, Decatur/Ameriplex, Goodwill Industries, Greenfield, Lebanon, Noblesville, Mooresville, Pike High School, and Shelbyville. These convenient sites offer 250 classes each semester in business, computer, technical, health related, general and developmental education. Most courses are taught in the evening. You can prepare for real-world opportunities in business, health care, information technology or a host of other fields. Many Ivy Tech degrees transfer to four-year Indiana colleges and universities as a foundation for a bachelor's degree. Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Ivy Tech Community College is Brown Mackie College-Indianapolis (1.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 995 students | 1.40 Mi1200 N Meridian St, Ste 100
Indianapolis,  IN  46204
- 3,498 students | 2.50 Mi550 East Washington Street
Indianapolis,  IN  46204
- 1,199 students | 7.30 Mi7225 Winton Drive - Building 128
Indianapolis,  IN  46268
- 143 students | 7.80 Mi7251 W McCarty St
Indianapolis,  IN  46241
- 501 students | 8.00 Mi8150 Brookville Road
Indianapolis,  IN  46239