Cayuga County Community College
- A unit of the State University of New York, Cayuga is a two-year community college sponsored by Cayuga County and governed by a 10-member board of trustees.The College's Auburn campus is located in the city of Auburn in Cayuga County, the heart of the Finger Lakes Region of Central New York.
- Enrollment: 2,906 students
- In-state tuition: $4,326
- Out-state tuition: $8,652
- Student:teacher ratio: 12:1
- Minority enrollment: 16%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- On April 9, 1953, the State University of New York (SUNY) Board of Trustees approved the establishment of a community college in Auburn under the sponsorship of the Auburn City School District. Auburn Community College opened its doors the following September in the former James Street Elementary School. It was the first community college developed entirely after the establishment of SUNY. When Cayuga County assumed sponsorship for the College in July 1975, the name was officially changed to Cayuga County Community College. Today, more than 4,000 students are enrolled either full-time or part-time at Cayuga's two locations. With over 25,000 alumni to the College's credit, Cayuga has produced graduates of distinction in a wide array of fields. The flexibility to respond to the community's changing needs is a hallmark of higher education at Cayuga. Not only recent high school graduates, but also working adults, busy parents, and retirees can take courses and pursue an associate degree by studying at Cayuga days, evenings, weekends, or online. The College has earned a reputation for helping people reach their educational goals through small classes, a nurturing academic environment, and affordable tuition. Cayuga's trustees, faculty and staff remain committed to providing outstanding academic programs and dynamic services, as an essential and evolving higher education resource for the community. Cayuga Community College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission and the Society of Broadcast Engineers.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Cayuga County Community College cost?
Cayuga County Community College's tuition is approximately $4,326 for In-State students and $8,652 for Out-State students.
What sports does Cayuga County Community College offer?
Cayuga County Community College offers 7 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Bowling, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball and Volleyball.
What is Cayuga County Community College's ranking?
Cayuga County Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in New York for: Least expensive tuition.