Choosing a School
- 8 Reasons Why Community College Might be the Best Choice After High School
- Transferring from Community College to a 4-year Institution
- Why More Students are Choosing Community Colleges over Traditional Four-Year Schools
- The Reverse Transfer Process
- Top 10 Most Community College Transfer-Friendly Universities
One publication, Washington Monthly, has created a simple ranking system of the top community colleges in the country. Which community colleges are at the top of the list – and do the Washington Monthly’s rankings truly matter?
Building Bridges Between Community Colleges and Business Schools
Across the country, more community colleges and business schools are signing articulation agreements, guaranteeing admissions for transfer students who meet the requirements.
Kaplan’s Online Courses Can Count Towards Community College Degrees
The Wall Street Journal reports that Kaplan University, a for-profit college owned by the Washington Post Co., is offering California community college students the option of taking courses at its online schools. These credits can be applied towards a degree at their home campuses.
Experts say the change is likely a result of an increased recognition of the value of a diverse student body, the pressure that some small colleges are feeling to bring in tuition-paying students during this economic downturn, and an awareness from college administrators that community college transfer students often bring a special set of strengths with them to four-year institutions.