Elgin Community College
- Elgin Community College mission is to improve people's lives through learning. To support the mission and goals of the College through value-added and innovative human resource initiatives focused on enabling Elgin community College to be an acknowledged leader in providing quality programs and innovative services which meet the academic, cultural and occupational needs of its students and district.
- The teacher population of 289 teachers has grown by 10% over five years.
|Elgin Community College||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||289 staff||123 staff|
|Total Enrollment||10,929 students||3,999 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||38:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||3,564 students||1,386 students|
|# Part-Time Students||7,365 students||2,613 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,000||$32,200|
- When the University of Illinois decided to close its Elgin extension center (1946-49), Public School District U-46 voted to establish ECC in Jan. 1949. The College opened its doors the following fall with 97 students, one administrator, 17 part-time faculty and one full-time faculty member. The west wing of old Elgin High School, between Chicago and DuPage Streets on Elgin's eastside, was ECC's home for its first 10 years. The park-like setting of ECC's 145-acre main campus is dotted with trees and picturesque lakes. The campus is nestled in a pleasant neighborhood of residences and light industry. Lush lawns blend seamlessly with the greens and fairways of The Highlands, the city-owned golf course next door. As a large comprehensive institution, we offer a myriad of educational programs for all the citizens in District 509 - traditional students, returning adults, business and industry and personal enrichment. Our focus on maintaining a collaborative learning community will encourage you to explore and implement personal goals. Whether you are interested in pursuing an associate's degree and transferring to a 4-year college or university, ready to go to work but need new skills, or taking classes for promotion or for personal enrichment, we hope you'll will find what you need at ECC. ECC has an environment where you'll have the opportunity to concentrate on developing and refining your individual talents, have easy access to your teachers, and form close and lasting relationships with other members of the college community: a diverse and dedicated group of individuals who all share your interest in learning
- The nearest community college to Elgin Community College is William Rainey Harper College (13.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 14,957 students | 13.50 Mi1200 W Algonquin Rd
Palatine,  IL  60067
- 7,165 students | 16.80 Mi8900 US Hwy 14
Crystal Lake,  IL  60012
- 10,904 students | 17.20 MiRte 47 at Waubonsee Drive
Sugar Grove,  IL  60554
- 29,476 students | 17.70 Mi425 Fawell Blvd.
Glen Ellyn,  IL  60137
- 108 students | 22.20 Mi495 Northgate Pkwy
Wheeling,  IL  60090