Waubonsee Community College
- Waubonsee Community College is a fully accredited community college with an enrollment of more than 10,000 students a semester. The college is 40 miles west of Chicago, Illinois in one of the fastest growing collar counties on a beautiful 243-acre campus with state-of-the-art facilities and technologies. Waubonsee provides outstanding service to its students and district residents through demonstration of its core values-quality, service, value, innovation and accessibility.
- The teacher population of 254 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Waubonsee Community College||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||254 staff||123 staff|
|Total Enrollment||10,904 students||3,999 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||43:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||3,281 students||1,386 students|
|# Part-Time Students||7,623 students||2,613 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,300||$31,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The AELC offers Adult Education students an opporunity to enhance their studies using computer aided instruction in the areas of basic Academic Skills, GED preparation, workforce preparation, English as a Second Language and Literacy. The center is located at the Aurora Campus. Adult Education instructors are available in the center during all open hours to assist students with an individual plan of instruction. Waubonsee is part of the seven-member Skyway Conference made up of schools in the suburban Chicagoland area. The Chiefs capture several Skyway titles each year and consistently contend for the Conference's All-Sports Trophy. Waubonsee Community College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA) and is recognized by federal and state agenicies administering financial aid.
- The nearest community college to Waubonsee Community College is Elgin Community College (17.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 15,074 students | 17.20 Mi1700 Spartan Drive
Elgin,  IL  60123
- 29,476 students | 20.20 Mi425 Fawell Blvd.
Glen Ellyn,  IL  60137
- 4,475 students | 23.90 Mi21193 Malta Rd
Malta,  IL  60150
- 15,776 students | 24.60 Mi1215 Houbolt Rd
Joliet,  IL  60431
- 14,957 students | 28.20 Mi1200 W Algonquin Rd
Palatine,  IL  60067
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.