Wayne Community College
- Wayne Community College is a student-centered, public, two-year college with an open-door admissions policy. The College serves individuals, business and industry, and other organizations with quality, economical, and convenient learning opportunities.
Wayne Community College serves 2,701 students (36% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 7:1 is lower than the state community college average of 9:1.
Minority enrollment is 40% of the student body (majority Black), which is equal to the state average of 40%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 2,701 students
- In-state tuition: $2,396
- Out-state tuition: $8,540
- Student:teacher ratio: 7:1
- Minority enrollment: 40%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Wayne Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in North Carolina for:
The teacher population of 415 teachers has grown by 57% over five years.
Wayne Community College
(NC) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Wayne Community College has declined by 21% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 7:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Wayne Community College diversity score of 0.58 is less than the state average of 0.59. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $2,396 is less than the state average of $2,531. The in-state tuition has declined by 5% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $8,540 is more than the state average of $8,245. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- A member of the rapidly growing system of 58 community and technical colleges, Wayne Community College was established as Goldsboro Industrial Education Center on June 15, 1957. The original on-campus building was completed in November 1960, and until Fall 1962 all courses were taught in the evening, and all students were part-time. In the 1962-63 school year, the first full-time courses were offered leading to diplomas in automotive mechanics, electronics, drafting, and practical nursing. During the 1962-63 school year, Goldsboro I.E.C. had 47 students enrolled with eight faculty members. During 1963 through 1965 three extension units of Goldsboro I.E.C. were established in Morehead City, Kenansville, and Clinton; later to become Carteret, James Sprunt, and Sampson Community Colleges. In January 1964, Goldsboro I.E.C. became Wayne Technical Institute. Wayne Community College is located in Goldsboro at 3000 Wayne Memorial Drive. Seven modern buildings on a new campus contain more than 287,000 square feet of state-of-the-art classrooms, laboratories, and offices. In 1996 Wayne Community College completed a campus development project which had been underway for 22 years. Three phases of construction during this time have provided more than $30 million in new buildings on more than 165 acres of property. Wayne Community College is a member of the North Carolina Community College system. Located in Goldsboro, the college serves Wayne and adjoining counties. WCC offers classes on base that transfer to four-year institutions, as well as those that lead to an Associate of Applied Science degree. On campus, we have more than four dozen curriculum programs in certifi cate, diploma, and associate degree areas, with a full range of support services and a reputation for quality. Using your background in military technology, you can find promising opportunities in our technology related programs that will prepare you for a civilian career in areas such as Aviation Systems Technology, Electronics Engineering, Drafting and Design, Industrial Systems, Information Systems, Network Administration and Support, and more. Wayne Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Wayne Community College cost?
Wayne Community College's tuition is approximately $2,396 for In-State students and $8,540 for Out-State students.
What is Wayne Community College's ranking?
Wayne Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in North Carolina for: Highest completion rates.
Learn about the lucrative career opportunities in nano-technology and how you can begin your training right at community college.
The Top Challenges for Non-Traditional Students in Community College
If you are starting community college as an adult, there are certain challenges you can expect to face. Understanding and anticipating those challenges will help you to face them head-on with the greatest chance for success.
January 17, 2023ChatGPT: A Powerful Tool With Many Uses
When your database is the entire Internet, you can answer just about any question lightning-fast. Here are some suggestions for using ChatGTP in your college studies.