Wayne Community College
- Wayne Community College is a student-centered, public, two-year college with an open-door admissions policy. The College serves individuals, business and industry, and other organizations with quality, economical, and convenient learning opportunities.
- The teacher population of 263 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Wayne Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||263 staff||139 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,351 students||2,380 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||19:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,515 students||1,019 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,836 students||1,361 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,500||$27,500|
- A member of the rapidly growing system of 58 community and technical colleges, Wayne Community College was established as Goldsboro Industrial Education Center on June 15, 1957. The original on-campus building was completed in November 1960, and until Fall 1962 all courses were taught in the evening, and all students were part-time. In the 1962-63 school year, the first full-time courses were offered leading to diplomas in automotive mechanics, electronics, drafting, and practical nursing. During the 1962-63 school year, Goldsboro I.E.C. had 47 students enrolled with eight faculty members. During 1963 through 1965 three extension units of Goldsboro I.E.C. were established in Morehead City, Kenansville, and Clinton; later to become Carteret, James Sprunt, and Sampson Community Colleges. In January 1964, Goldsboro I.E.C. became Wayne Technical Institute. Wayne Community College is located in Goldsboro at 3000 Wayne Memorial Drive. Seven modern buildings on a new campus contain more than 287,000 square feet of state-of-the-art classrooms, laboratories, and offices. In 1996 Wayne Community College completed a campus development project which had been underway for 22 years. Three phases of construction during this time have provided more than $30 million in new buildings on more than 165 acres of property. Wayne Community College is a member of the North Carolina Community College system. Located in Goldsboro, the college serves Wayne and adjoining counties. WCC offers classes on base that transfer to four-year institutions, as well as those that lead to an Associate of Applied Science degree. On campus, we have more than four dozen curriculum programs in certifi cate, diploma, and associate degree areas, with a full range of support services and a reputation for quality. Using your background in military technology, you can find promising opportunities in our technology related programs that will prepare you for a civilian career in areas such as Aviation Systems Technology, Electronics Engineering, Drafting and Design, Industrial Systems, Information Systems, Network Administration and Support, and more. Wayne Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees.
- The nearest community college to Wayne Community College is Johnston Community College (22.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,021 students | 22.80 Mi245 College Road
Smithfield,  NC  27577
(919) 934-3051 22.804,021
- 1,777 students | 22.80 Mi902 Herring Ave
Wilson,  NC  27893
(252) 291-1195 22.801,777
- 2,959 students | 24.00 Mi231 Highway 58 South
Kinston,  NC  28502
(252) 527-6223 24.002,959
- 1,213 students | 31.60 Mi133 James Sprunt Drive
Kenansville,  NC  28349
(910) 296-2400 31.601,213
- 8,902 students | 31.90 Mi1986 Pitt Tech Road
Winterville,  NC  28590
(252) 493-7200 31.908,902