Lenoir Community College
- The teacher population of 327 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Lenoir Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||327 staff||139 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,959 students||2,380 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||19:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,287 students||1,019 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,672 students||1,361 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,500||$27,500|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||19 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Automotive Customizing Club, Biomechanics Club, Computering Engineering Club, Cooks and Connoisserus, Criminal Justice Club, Graphic Arts & Imaging Technology Club, Horticulture Club, Human Service Club, Lamplighters Club, Medical Assisting Club, Night Owls Club, Nightingales Club, Phi Beta Lambda, Phi Theta Kappa, Radiant Beams Club, Science Club, Student Government Association, Surgical Technology Club, Welding Clu
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Lenoir Community College (LCC) chartered April 3, 1958, is part of the North Carolina Community College System. Primarily serving Lenoir, Greene, and Jones counties, LCC is located in Kinston, North Carolina, at the intersection of US 70 and NC 58. The College offers both degree and non-degree programs and serves approximately 4,300 curriculum students and 14,000 continuing education students annually ranking 15th in enrollment among the 58 community colleges in the state. Lenoir Community College provides excellent educational opportunities delivered by well-qualified, professional faculty using state-of-the-art equipment through traditional and distance learning options. LCC’s student-oriented support staff is committed to providing high quality support services to assist students in achieving their educational goals. The College offers 45 associate degree programs, 33 diploma programs, and 86 certificate/skills certificate programs. Lenoir Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commissions on Colleges.
- The nearest community college to Lenoir Community College is Pitt Community College (23.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 8,902 students | 23.70 Mi1986 Pitt Tech Road
Winterville,  NC  28590
- 3,351 students | 24.30 Mi3000 Wayne Memorial Dr
Goldsboro,  NC  27534
- 353 students | 26.90 Mi1021 WH Smith Blvd Ste 102
Greenville,  NC  27834
- 2,991 students | 27.40 Mi800 College Ct
New Bern,  NC  28562
- 1,213 students | 30.30 Mi133 James Sprunt Drive
Kenansville,  NC  28349
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.