Pitt Community College
Pitt Community College places among the top 20% of community colleges in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Diversity Average community college minority breakdown
- The teacher population of 448 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Pitt Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||448 staff||139 staff|
|Total Enrollment||8,902 students||2,380 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||19:1|
|# Full-Time Students||4,670 students||1,019 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,232 students||1,361 students|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,500||$27,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Since opening in 1961, Pitt Community College has been educating and empowering people for success through a diverse selection of hands-on training programs and by offering the quality instruction, learning resources and technology necessary for students to build solid foundations for whatever career paths they choose.
- It is PCC’s mission to make a college education affordable and barrier-free. In-state residents pay low tuition and fees, and the college offers financial aid in the form of grants, scholarships and loans to help those in financial need. PCC also offers evening and weekend classes and online classes to accommodate our students’ busy schedules.
- Prospective students are encouraged to visit the PCC campus or the college website, www.pittcc.edu, to learn more.
- The nearest community college to Pitt Community College is Miller-Motte College-Greenville (3.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 353 students | 3.30 Mi1021 WH Smith Blvd Ste 102
Greenville,  NC  27834
- 2,959 students | 23.70 Mi231 Highway 58 South
Kinston,  NC  28502
- 2,552 students | 24.50 Mi2009 W Wilson St
Tarboro,  NC  27886
- 2,035 students | 25.10 Mi5337 US Highway 264 East
Washington,  NC  27889
- 477 students | 26.00 Mi1161 Kehukee Pk Rd
Williamston,  NC  27892
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.