Johnston Community College
- The mission of Johnston Community College is to provide readily accessible, high quality educational opportunities that prepare students for local and global opportunities in the twenty-first century.
- The teacher population of 187 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Johnston Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||187 staff||139 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,021 students||2,380 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||19:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,823 students||1,019 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,198 students||1,361 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,400||$27,500|
- Johnston Community College (JCC) in Smithfield, North Carolina, is located thirty miles east of Raleigh near the junction of I-95 and US 70. The 175-acre main campus boasts state-of-the-art facilities, picturesque pines, colorful azaleas and scenic ponds. Johnston Community College has campuses throughout the county, including the Cleveland Center, the Workforce Development Center in Clayton, and the Howell Woods Environmental Learning Center, a 2800 acre wildlife preserve and teaching facility. Originally established in 1969 in Four Oaks, North Carolina, and moved to its current location in 1976, JCC has maintained its small town values while progressively meeting the needs of the fastest growing county in North Carolina. The College was fully accredited in 1977. As a member of the North Carolina Community College System, it is a public, two-year post-secondary college with an open-door admission policy. Johnston Community College provides comprehensive occupational, general, and continuing education programs, as well as community service activities for Johnston County and surrounding areas. The College opens its doors to the community and seeks to provide for the fullest possible development of the potential of all students in order that they may increase their knowledge and understanding of life; that they may develop occupational and educational proficiencies in accordance with their interests, talents, and aspirations; and that they may continue their personal growth. To that end, the College, in its programs, services and future plans, strives to reflect the unique demographic, economic and culturally diverse area it serves. Johnston Community College is accredited by the Commission of Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award certificates, diplomas and associate degrees.
- The nearest community college to Johnston Community College is Wayne Community College (22.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,351 students | 22.60 Mi3000 Wayne Memorial Dr
Goldsboro,  NC  27534
- 21,384 students | 23.40 Mi9101 Fayetteville Road
Raleigh,  NC  27603
- 1,077 students | 26.10 Mi15 E Peace St
Raleigh,  NC  27604
- 375 students | 26.80 Mi3901 Capital Blvd Ste 151
Raleigh,  NC  27604
- 316 students | 28.80 Mi2205 Walnut Street
Cary,  NC  27518