James Sprunt Community College
- James Sprunt is a comprehensive, open door community college that responds to the needs of Duplin and surrounding counties by enabling a diverse population of adults to attain their personal, academic and career goals; by collaborating and partnering with area businesses and industries in meeting their training and retraining needs; by enhancing the educational, cultural, and economic development of the service area; and by improving the quality of life in the community.
- The teacher population of 56 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|James Sprunt Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||56 staff||139 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,213 students||2,380 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||19:1|
|# Full-Time Students||560 students||1,019 students|
|# Part-Time Students||653 students||1,361 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,300||$27,500|
- The College's main campus is located in the center of Duplin County, North Carolina, on N.C. Highway 11 South near Kenansville. The 52-acre landscaped campus provides an attractive setting for an educational and cultural center for students and the community. The Kenansville campus is comprised of six main buildings, housing administrative offices, classrooms, laboratories, vocational shops, library, cafeteria and student center. JSCC offers a two-year college transfer program for students who want to pursue a four-year baccalaureate degree at a senior college or university. The program includes required freshman- and sophomore-level courses in English composition, humanities/fine arts, social/behavioral sciences, natural sciences/mathematics and physical education. In addition, students may take college transfer electives selected to meet their individual needs and interests and the requirements of the specific major areas of study. JSCC is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees, diplomas and certificates.
- The nearest community college to James Sprunt Community College is Sampson Community College (19.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,551 students | 19.60 MiHighway 24 West
Clinton,  NC  28329
- 2,959 students | 30.30 Mi231 Highway 58 South
Kinston,  NC  28502
- 3,351 students | 31.70 Mi3000 Wayne Memorial Dr
Goldsboro,  NC  27534
- 4,355 students | 35.60 Mi444 Western Blvd
Jacksonville,  NC  28546
- 4,021 students | 43.50 Mi245 College Road
Smithfield,  NC  27577