Wilson Community College
Tel: (252) 291-1195
- The mission of Wilson Technical Community College, a public post secondary educational institution, is to provide high-quality educational programs and support services, in an expanding, multi-cultural global community.
- The teacher population of 113 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Wilson Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||113 staff||139 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,777 students||2,380 students|
|# Full-Time Students||745 students||1,019 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,032 students||1,361 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,000||$27,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The college offers degree program, diploma program that provides curricula for theory and skill competence and human relations skills; college transfer degree program that provides a curriculum of liberal arts studies designed to transfer to four-year institutions; general education degree program that provides general interest and liberal arts studies; basic skills program that provides adult basic education, high school completion, and English as a second language training; community service program that provides life enrichment and cultural development opportunities; and occupational extension program that provides skill training and retraining. The College Transfer Program offers courses in the arts and sciences leading to the Associate in Arts Degree (A.A.) or the Associate in Science Degree (A.S.) These courses parallel those required during the first two years of study at four-year colleges and universities. Wilson Technical Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) to award the Associate Degree.
- The nearest community college to Wilson Community College is Nash Community College (17.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,537 students | 17.00 Mi522 N. Old Carriage Road
Rocky Mount,  NC  27804
(252) 443-4011 17.003,537
- 2,552 students | 20.80 Mi2009 W Wilson St
Tarboro,  NC  27886
(252) 823-5166 20.802,552
- 3,351 students | 22.80 Mi3000 Wayne Memorial Dr
Goldsboro,  NC  27534
(919) 735-5151 22.803,351
- 4,021 students | 29.20 Mi245 College Road
Smithfield,  NC  27577
(919) 934-3051 29.204,021
- 353 students | 29.60 Mi1021 WH Smith Blvd Ste 102
Greenville,  NC  27834
(252) 215-2000 29.60353
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.