Wilson Community College
- The mission of Wilson Technical Community College, a public post secondary educational institution, is to provide high-quality educational programs and support services, in an expanding, multi-cultural global community.
- The teacher population of 113 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Wilson Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||113 staff||139 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,777 students||2,380 students|
|# Full-Time Students||745 students||1,019 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,032 students||1,361 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,000||$27,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The college offers degree program, diploma program that provides curricula for theory and skill competence and human relations skills; college transfer degree program that provides a curriculum of liberal arts studies designed to transfer to four-year institutions; general education degree program that provides general interest and liberal arts studies; basic skills program that provides adult basic education, high school completion, and English as a second language training; community service program that provides life enrichment and cultural development opportunities; and occupational extension program that provides skill training and retraining. The College Transfer Program offers courses in the arts and sciences leading to the Associate in Arts Degree (A.A.) or the Associate in Science Degree (A.S.) These courses parallel those required during the first two years of study at four-year colleges and universities. Wilson Technical Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) to award the Associate Degree.
- The nearest community college to Wilson Community College is Nash Community College (17.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,537 students | 17.20 Mi522 N. Old Carriage Road
Rocky Mount,  NC  27804
- 2,552 students | 20.90 Mi2009 W Wilson St
Tarboro,  NC  27886
- 3,351 students | 22.60 Mi3000 Wayne Memorial Dr
Goldsboro,  NC  27534
- 4,021 students | 28.90 Mi245 College Road
Smithfield,  NC  27577
- 353 students | 29.20 Mi1021 WH Smith Blvd Ste 102
Greenville,  NC  27834
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.