Wilson Community College
- The mission of Wilson Technical Community College, a public post secondary educational institution, is to provide high-quality educational programs and support services, in an expanding, multi-cultural global community.
- The teacher population of 113 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Wilson Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||113 staff||139 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,777 students||2,380 students|
|# Full-Time Students||745 students||1,019 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,032 students||1,361 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,000||$27,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The college offers degree program, diploma program that provides curricula for theory and skill competence and human relations skills; college transfer degree program that provides a curriculum of liberal arts studies designed to transfer to four-year institutions; general education degree program that provides general interest and liberal arts studies; basic skills program that provides adult basic education, high school completion, and English as a second language training; community service program that provides life enrichment and cultural development opportunities; and occupational extension program that provides skill training and retraining. The College Transfer Program offers courses in the arts and sciences leading to the Associate in Arts Degree (A.A.) or the Associate in Science Degree (A.S.) These courses parallel those required during the first two years of study at four-year colleges and universities. Wilson Technical Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) to award the Associate Degree.
- The nearest community college to Wilson Community College is Nash Community College (17.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,537 students | 17.20 Mi522 N. Old Carriage Road
Rocky Mount,  NC  27804
- 2,552 students | 20.90 Mi2009 W Wilson St
Tarboro,  NC  27886
- 3,351 students | 22.60 Mi3000 Wayne Memorial Dr
Goldsboro,  NC  27534
- 4,021 students | 28.90 Mi245 College Road
Smithfield,  NC  27577
- 353 students | 29.20 Mi1021 WH Smith Blvd Ste 102
Greenville,  NC  27834
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.