Red Rocks Community College
- Located at the foot of the Rocky Mountains in Lakewood Colo., Red Rocks Community College offers more than 150 programs and 650 courses leading to two-year degrees or professional certificates.
- The teacher population of 216 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Red Rocks Community College||(CO) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||216 staff||40 staff|
|Total Enrollment||8,112 students||1,643 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||38:1||36:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,665 students||742 students|
|# Part-Time Students||5,447 students||901 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$38,300||$33,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Lakewood campus is the largest community college campus in Colorado. Red Rocks also has a campus in Arvada. Courses are delivered in formats from traditional classroom to online to self-paced and weekend classes. Since 1969, Red Rocks Community College has delivered a quality education to an eclectic mix of students of all ages, incomes and backgrounds. For many of our 14,000 annual students, Red Rocks is the convenient community college just down the street. For others, a Red Rocks program or course is worth traveling halfway around the world. Red Rocks serves more than 14,000 students annually, meeting the diverse educational needs of the residents of Clear Creek, Gilpin, Jefferson and Park counties and other areas by providing access to excellent higher education. Incorporating both the stability of American academic tradition and the flexibility to be responsive to community needs, the college emphasizes innovation, leadership, quality and service. As the continuing education department of Red Rocks Community College our mission is not just OSHA training. RMEC offers training in OSHA Training, Online OSHA Training, Asbestos Training, Computer Training, Online Computer Training, Environmental and Cross-Connection Training, Casino Gaming Certifications, Training Certificate Programs, Motorcycle Safety Training and On-site/Customized Training.
- The nearest community college to Red Rocks Community College is Colorado School of Trades (3.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 150 students | 3.00 Mi1575 Hoyt St
Denver,  CO  80215
- 176 students | 4.00 Mi7655 W Mississippi Ste 100
Denver,  CO  80226
- 236 students | 7.20 Mi3150 S Sheridan Blvd
Denver,  CO  80227
- 154 students | 7.80 Mi3001 S Federal Blvd
Denver,  CO  80236
- 10,296 students | 8.10 Mi1111 W. Colfax Ave.
Denver,  CO  80204
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.