Red Rocks Community College
Red Rocks Community College Photo #2 - Red Rocks Community College Applications are open now for future semesters!
- Located at the foot of the Rocky Mountains in Lakewood Colo., Red Rocks Community College offers more than 150 programs and 650 courses leading to 2-year degrees, 4-year degrees, a Master's program, and many professional certificates.
The teacher population of 335 teachers has grown by 55% over five years.
|Red Rocks Community College||(CO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||335 staff||54 staff|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Basketball, Camping, Pilates, Rock Climbing, Table Tennis, Yoga
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Lakewood campus is the largest community college campus in Colorado. Red Rocks also has a campus in Arvada. Courses are delivered in formats from traditional classroom to online to self-paced and weekend classes. Since 1969, Red Rocks Community College has delivered a quality education to an eclectic mix of students of all ages, incomes and backgrounds. For many of our 14,000 annual students, Red Rocks is the convenient community college just down the street. For others, a Red Rocks program or course is worth traveling halfway around the world. Red Rocks serves more than 14,000 students annually, meeting the diverse educational needs of the residents of Clear Creek, Gilpin, Jefferson and Park counties and other areas by providing access to excellent higher education. Incorporating both the stability of American academic tradition and the flexibility to be responsive to community needs, the college emphasizes innovation, leadership, quality and service. As the continuing education department of Red Rocks Community College our mission is not just OSHA training. RMEC offers training in OSHA Training, Online OSHA Training, Asbestos Training, Computer Training, Online Computer Training, Environmental and Cross-Connection Training, Casino Gaming Certifications, Training Certificate Programs, Motorcycle Safety Training and On-site/Customized Training.
Profile last updated:
The nearest community college to Red Rocks Community College is Colorado School of Healing Arts (2.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 98 students | 2.70 Mi7655 W Mississippi Ste 100
Lakewood,  CO  80226
(303) 986-2320 2.7098
- 135 students | 3.40 Mi1575 Hoyt St
Lakewood,  CO  80215
(303) 233-000000 3.40135
- 236 students | 5.40 Mi3150 S Sheridan Blvd
Denver,  CO  80227
(303) 934-1122 5.40236
- 154 students | 6.10 Mi3001 S Federal Blvd
Denver,  CO  80236
(303) 937-4200 6.10154
- 7,887 students | 7.60 Mi1111 W. Colfax Ave.
Denver,  CO  80204
(303) 556-2600 7.607,887
Learn about the strategies you can take to guarantee your admission to a state university once you have completed community college in states like Hawaii, Virginia, California, and New Hampshire.
Learn how President Obama, who is considered the "Community College President," has rightly earned his title based upon his proposed funding and support for community colleges throughout the country.
Learn about the innovative programs, curriculum, and parades that community colleges are creating to prevent drunk driving on campus.