Colorado Heights University
- Colorado Heights University (CHU) is a private, American, not-for-profit, secular, residential, and international university specializing in educating international students as well as Americans seeking to be productive global citizens. The University emphasizes career-related education in degree programs that offer interdisciplinary, intercultural, and international education, as well as English as a second language programs. For its non-native English speakers, the University nurtures the continued acquisition of English language skills throughout their studies as an aid to gaining employment upon graduation and as an aid to functioning within the global economy. Furthermore, the University strives to serve as an Education Center by sharing its extensive campus facilities with other educational institutions, service-oriented organizations, and community groups.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Colorado Heights University||(CO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||17 staff||40 staff|
|Total Enrollment||154 students||1,643 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||36:1|
|# Full-Time Students||138 students||742 students|
|# Part-Time Students||16 students||901 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||98 students||617 students|
|# Graduate Students||40 students||31 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||330|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Colorado Heights University is Westwood College-Denver South (1.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 236 students | 1.10 Mi3150 S Sheridan Blvd
Denver,  CO  80227
- 13,304 students | 3.60 Mi5900 S. Santa Fe Dr.
Littleton,  CO  80160
- 1,263 students | 3.60 Mi11194 E 45th Ave
Denver,  CO  80239
- 176 students | 3.90 Mi7655 W Mississippi Ste 100
Denver,  CO  80226
- 407 students | 5.10 Mi1385 S Colorado Blvd., 5th Floor
Denver,  CO  80222
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.