Colorado Heights University
- Colorado Heights University (CHU) is a private, American, not-for-profit, secular, residential, and international university specializing in educating international students as well as Americans seeking to be productive global citizens. The University emphasizes career-related education in degree programs that offer interdisciplinary, intercultural, and international education, as well as English as a second language programs. For its non-native English speakers, the University nurtures the continued acquisition of English language skills throughout their studies as an aid to gaining employment upon graduation and as an aid to functioning within the global economy. Furthermore, the University strives to serve as an Education Center by sharing its extensive campus facilities with other educational institutions, service-oriented organizations, and community groups.
Colorado Heights University places among the top 20% of community colleges in Colorado for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Average community college minority breakdown
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has grown by 112% over five years.
|Colorado Heights University||(CO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||17 staff||40 staff|
|Total Enrollment||154 students||1,643 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||36:1|
|# Full-Time Students||138 students||742 students|
|# Part-Time Students||16 students||901 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||98 students||617 students|
|# Graduate Students||40 students||31 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||330|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Colorado Heights University is Westwood College-Denver South (1.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 236 students | 1.10 Mi3150 S Sheridan Blvd
Denver,  CO  80227
- 9,644 students | 3.60 Mi5900 S. Santa Fe Dr.
Littleton,  CO  80160
- 1,263 students | 3.60 Mi11194 E 45th Ave
Denver,  CO  80239
- 176 students | 3.90 Mi7655 W Mississippi Ste 100
Denver,  CO  80226
- 407 students | 5.10 Mi1385 S Colorado Blvd., 5th Floor
Denver,  CO  80222
Although Governor Jan Brewer vetoed the bill last year, Arizona lawmakers plan to introduce a new bill allowing guns on college campuses in 2012
Learn about why more students are attending community college classes with their parents.
Learn how to evaluate colleges based on accreditation, and why it's important.