Colorado School of Trades
Tel: (303) 233-4697
- Colorado School of Trades (CST) is the oldest and largest Gunsmithing School in the United States. The Colorado School of Trades has been teaching Gunsmithing since 1947. We prepare our students for an exciting career as a Gunsmith. Gunsmiths spend their workday repairing and building custom firearms, operating lathes and mills, and performing detailed wood shaping and finishing. Their machinists skills are on display every day.
Colorado School of Trades places among the top 20% of community colleges in Colorado for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Average community college minority breakdown
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has grown by 25% over five years.
|Colorado School of Trades||(CO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||15 staff||40 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||1||8|
|Total Enrollment||150 students||1,643 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||36:1|
|# Full-Time Students||150 students||742 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$40,200||$33,100|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||58%||92%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$20,000||$11,730|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,750||$5,139|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1947, the Colorado School of Trades (CST) has been a gunsmith training destination since its inception. Our school enjoys a worldwide reputation built on a nearly 70-year history and a long list of successful graduates recognized by top Gunsmith employers everywhere.The Colorado School of Trades has applied a system based on hands-on, project-oriented training geared to train individuals who wish to become artisan craftsmen. Our gunsmith classes offer a personal approach to training that allows a motivated student to enter the profession of Gunsmithing as an entry level general Gunsmith.
- The nearest community college to Colorado School of Trades is Colorado School of Healing Arts (3.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 176 students | 3.30 Mi7655 W Mississippi Ste 100
Denver,  CO  80226
(303) 986-2320 3.30176
- 8,112 students | 3.40 Mi13300 W Sixth Ave
Denver,  CO  80228
(303) 914-6600 3.408,112
- 10,296 students | 5.40 Mi1111 W. Colfax Ave.
Denver,  CO  80204
(303) 556-2600 5.4010,296
- 236 students | 6.80 Mi3150 S Sheridan Blvd
Denver,  CO  80227
(303) 934-1122 6.80236
- 154 students | 6.90 Mi3001 S Federal Blvd
Denver,  CO  80236
(303) 937-4200 6.90154
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.