Colorado School of Trades
Top Ranked (2021-22): View Rankings
Tel: (303) 233-4697
- Colorado School of Trades (CST) is the oldest and largest Gunsmithing School in the United States. The Colorado School of Trades has been teaching Gunsmithing since 1947. We prepare our students for an exciting career as a Gunsmith. Gunsmiths spend their workday repairing and building custom firearms, operating lathes and mills, and performing detailed wood shaping and finishing. Their machinists skills are on display every day.
Colorado School of Trades ranks among the top 20% of community colleges in Colorado for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Diversity Average community college minority breakdown
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
The teacher population of 15 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Colorado School of Trades||(CO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Special Focus Two-Year: Technical Professions||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||15 staff||54 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||1||8|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||52%||84%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$14,000||$10,940|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,750||$5,139|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1947, the Colorado School of Trades (CST) has been a gunsmith training destination since its inception. Our school enjoys a worldwide reputation built on a nearly 70-year history and a long list of successful graduates recognized by top Gunsmith employers everywhere.The Colorado School of Trades has applied a system based on hands-on, project-oriented training geared to train individuals who wish to become artisan craftsmen. Our gunsmith classes offer a personal approach to training that allows a motivated student to enter the profession of Gunsmithing as an entry level general Gunsmith.
The nearest community college to Colorado School of Trades is Colorado School of Healing Arts (3.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 98 students | 3.30 Mi7655 W Mississippi Ste 100
Lakewood, CO 80226
(303) 986-2320 3.3098
- 8,112 students | 3.40 Mi13300 W Sixth Ave
Denver, CO 80228
(303) 914-6600 3.408,112
- 7,887 students | 5.40 Mi1111 W. Colfax Ave.
Denver, CO 80204
(303) 556-2600 5.407,887
- 236 students | 6.80 Mi3150 S Sheridan Blvd
Denver, CO 80227
(303) 934-1122 6.80236
- 631 students | 8.20 Mi7475 Dakin St Suite 100
Denver, CO 80221
(303) 426-1800 8.20631
Learn more about how community colleges and federal loans can help you affordably finance your community college education.
Many degree programs require students to take electives but what are the pros and cons of elective courses?
Many community college students are the first in their family to attend college, and this designation comes with its own share of responsibilities and challenges. Learn about the support available specifically for first-generation community college students.