Colorado School of Trades
- Colorado School of Trades (CST) is the oldest and largest Gunsmithing School in the United States. The Colorado School of Trades has been teaching Gunsmithing since 1947. We prepare our students for an exciting career as a Gunsmith. Gunsmiths spend their workday repairing and building custom firearms, operating lathes and mills, and performing detailed wood shaping and finishing. Their machinists skills are on display every day.
Colorado School of Trades places among the top 20% of community colleges in Colorado for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
- Diversity Average community college minority breakdown
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has grown by 25% over five years.
|Colorado School of Trades||(CO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||15 staff||40 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||1||8|
|Total Enrollment||150 students||1,643 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||36:1|
|# Full-Time Students||150 students||742 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$40,200||$33,100|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||58%||92%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$20,000||$11,730|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,750||$5,139|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1947, the Colorado School of Trades (CST) has been a gunsmith training destination since its inception. Our school enjoys a worldwide reputation built on a nearly 70-year history and a long list of successful graduates recognized by top Gunsmith employers everywhere.The Colorado School of Trades has applied a system based on hands-on, project-oriented training geared to train individuals who wish to become artisan craftsmen. Our gunsmith classes offer a personal approach to training that allows a motivated student to enter the profession of Gunsmithing as an entry level general Gunsmith.
- The nearest community college to Colorado School of Trades is Red Rocks Community College (3.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 8,112 students | 3.00 Mi13300 W Sixth Ave
Denver,  CO  80228
- 176 students | 3.30 Mi7655 W Mississippi Ste 100
Denver,  CO  80226
- 10,296 students | 5.40 Mi1111 W. Colfax Ave.
Denver,  CO  80204
- 1,263 students | 6.00 Mi11194 E 45th Ave
Denver,  CO  80239
- 236 students | 6.80 Mi3150 S Sheridan Blvd
Denver,  CO  80227
Learn about 10 of the best jobs in health care that you can land with just a two-year degree from your local community college.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.