Colorado School of Trades
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (303) 233-4697
- Colorado School of Trades (CST) is the oldest and largest Gunsmithing School in the United States. The Colorado School of Trades has been teaching Gunsmithing since 1947. We prepare our students for an exciting career as a Gunsmith. Gunsmiths spend their workday repairing and building custom firearms, operating lathes and mills, and performing detailed wood shaping and finishing. Their machinists skills are on display every day.
Colorado School of Trades ranks among the top 20% of community colleges in Colorado for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Diversity Average community college minority breakdown
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
The teacher population of 15 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Colorado School of Trades||(CO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Special Focus Two-Year: Technical Professions||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||15 staff||54 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||1||8|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||52%||84%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$14,000||$10,940|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,750||$5,139|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1947, the Colorado School of Trades (CST) has been a gunsmith training destination since its inception. Our school enjoys a worldwide reputation built on a nearly 70-year history and a long list of successful graduates recognized by top Gunsmith employers everywhere.The Colorado School of Trades has applied a system based on hands-on, project-oriented training geared to train individuals who wish to become artisan craftsmen. Our gunsmith classes offer a personal approach to training that allows a motivated student to enter the profession of Gunsmithing as an entry level general Gunsmith.
The nearest community college to Colorado School of Trades is Colorado School of Healing Arts (3.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 98 students | 3.30 Mi7655 W Mississippi Ste 100
Lakewood, CO 80226
(303) 986-2320 3.3098
- 8,112 students | 3.40 Mi13300 W Sixth Ave
Denver, CO 80228
(303) 914-6600 3.408,112
- 7,887 students | 5.40 Mi1111 W. Colfax Ave.
Denver, CO 80204
(303) 556-2600 5.407,887
- 236 students | 6.80 Mi3150 S Sheridan Blvd
Denver, CO 80227
(303) 934-1122 6.80236
- 154 students | 6.90 Mi3001 S Federal Blvd
Denver, CO 80236
(303) 937-4200 6.90154
Community colleges are quickly becoming a key competitor against four year universities – and for many good reasons! Learn about why more students are opting to enroll in their local community college, rather than going straight to four year institutions.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.