Colorado School of Trades
- Colorado School of Trades (CST) is the oldest and largest Gunsmithing School in the United States. The Colorado School of Trades has been teaching Gunsmithing since 1947. We prepare our students for an exciting career as a Gunsmith. Gunsmiths spend their workday repairing and building custom firearms, operating lathes and mills, and performing detailed wood shaping and finishing. Their machinists skills are on display every day.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has declined by 42% over five years.
|Colorado School of Trades||(CO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||15 staff||48 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||1||8|
|Total Enrollment||150 students||1,571 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||36:1|
|# Full-Time Students||150 students||670 students|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||1.00||0.55|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$40,200||$33,100|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||58%||89%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$20,000||$13,000|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,750||$5,139|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1947, the Colorado School of Trades (CST) has been a gunsmith training destination since its inception. Our school enjoys a worldwide reputation built on a nearly 70-year history and a long list of successful graduates recognized by top Gunsmith employers everywhere.The Colorado School of Trades has applied a system based on hands-on, project-oriented training geared to train individuals who wish to become artisan craftsmen. Our gunsmith classes offer a personal approach to training that allows a motivated student to enter the profession of Gunsmithing as an entry level general Gunsmith.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 8,112 students | 3.00 Mi13300 W Sixth Ave
Denver,  CO  80228
- 176 students | 3.30 Mi7655 W Mississippi Ste 100
Denver,  CO  80226
- 10,296 students | 5.40 Mi1111 W. Colfax Ave.
Denver,  CO  80204
- 1,263 students | 6.00 Mi11194 E 45th Ave
Denver,  CO  80239
- 236 students | 6.80 Mi3150 S Sheridan Blvd
Denver,  CO  80227
October 09, 2017
Forget the degree! Many community college students are landing good jobs with just a community college professional certificate.
October 07, 2017
October 07, 2017
Learn tips on how to support your child during during their transition to community college.