Colorado School of Trades
- Colorado School of Trades (CST) is the oldest and largest Gunsmithing School in the United States. The Colorado School of Trades has been teaching Gunsmithing since 1947. We prepare our students for an exciting career as a Gunsmith. Gunsmiths spend their workday repairing and building custom firearms, operating lathes and mills, and performing detailed wood shaping and finishing. Their machinists skills are on display every day.
Colorado School of Trades places among the top 20% of community colleges in Colorado for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Average community college minority breakdown
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has grown by 25% over five years.
|Colorado School of Trades||(CO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||15 staff||40 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||1||8|
|Total Enrollment||150 students||1,643 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||36:1|
|# Full-Time Students||150 students||742 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$40,200||$33,100|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||58%||92%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$20,000||$11,730|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,750||$5,139|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1947, the Colorado School of Trades (CST) has been a gunsmith training destination since its inception. Our school enjoys a worldwide reputation built on a nearly 70-year history and a long list of successful graduates recognized by top Gunsmith employers everywhere.The Colorado School of Trades has applied a system based on hands-on, project-oriented training geared to train individuals who wish to become artisan craftsmen. Our gunsmith classes offer a personal approach to training that allows a motivated student to enter the profession of Gunsmithing as an entry level general Gunsmith.
- The nearest community college to Colorado School of Trades is Colorado School of Healing Arts (3.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 176 students | 3.30 Mi7655 W Mississippi Ste 100
Denver,  CO  80226
- 8,112 students | 3.40 Mi13300 W Sixth Ave
Denver,  CO  80228
- 10,296 students | 5.40 Mi1111 W. Colfax Ave.
Denver,  CO  80204
- 236 students | 6.80 Mi3150 S Sheridan Blvd
Denver,  CO  80227
- 154 students | 6.90 Mi3001 S Federal Blvd
Denver,  CO  80236
A career in healthcare is rewarding, recession-proof, and financially lucrative. Consider the 10 hottest healthcare careers today that can be started right from community college.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.