Colorado School of Trades
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (303) 233-000000
- Colorado School of Trades (CST) is the oldest and largest Gunsmithing School in the United States. The Colorado School of Trades has been teaching Gunsmithing since 1947. We prepare our students for an exciting career as a Gunsmith. Gunsmiths spend their workday repairing and building custom firearms, operating lathes and mills, and performing detailed wood shaping and finishing. Their machinists skills are on display every day.
Colorado School of Trades places among the top 20% of community colleges in Colorado for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Diversity Average community college minority breakdown
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
The teacher population of 15 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Colorado School of Trades||(CO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||15 staff||54 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||1||8|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||52%||84%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$14,000||$10,940|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,750||$5,139|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1947, the Colorado School of Trades (CST) has been a gunsmith training destination since its inception. Our school enjoys a worldwide reputation built on a nearly 70-year history and a long list of successful graduates recognized by top Gunsmith employers everywhere.The Colorado School of Trades has applied a system based on hands-on, project-oriented training geared to train individuals who wish to become artisan craftsmen. Our gunsmith classes offer a personal approach to training that allows a motivated student to enter the profession of Gunsmithing as an entry level general Gunsmith.
The nearest community college to Colorado School of Trades is Colorado School of Healing Arts (3.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 98 students | 3.30 Mi7655 W Mississippi Ste 100
Lakewood,  CO  80226
(303) 986-2320 3.3098
- 8,112 students | 3.40 Mi13300 W Sixth Ave
Denver,  CO  80228
(303) 914-6600 3.408,112
- 7,887 students | 5.40 Mi1111 W. Colfax Ave.
Denver,  CO  80204
(303) 556-2600 5.407,887
- 236 students | 6.80 Mi3150 S Sheridan Blvd
Denver,  CO  80227
(303) 934-1122 6.80236
- 154 students | 6.90 Mi3001 S Federal Blvd
Denver,  CO  80236
(303) 937-4200 6.90154
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.
Can pre-teens enroll in community college? A 12-year-old in Florida recently went to court when the local community college wouldn’t allow her to dual-enroll because she was too young. In California, a child prodigy is about to graduate from UCLA after starting at community college at the age of eight.
Explore a proposal by the governor of Massachusetts to coordinate the state’s 15 community colleges. There are strong feelings on both sides of the issue to consider.