Community College of Denver
- Community College of Denver is a comprehensive, student-oriented urban college, providing open access to a diverse population. CCD pledges open admissions and appropriate support to every individual who seeks the opportunities available at the college for lifelong education and personal development.
Community College of Denver serves 7,273 students (28% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is higher than the state community college average of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 62% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the state average of 43%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 7,273 students
- In-state tuition: $3,394
- Out-state tuition: $12,692
- Student:teacher ratio: 18:1
- Minority enrollment: 62%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Community College of Denver ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Colorado for:
The teacher population of 407 teachers has grown by 105% over five years.
Community College of Denver
(CO) Community College Avg.
Four or more years
At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs
The student population of Community College of Denver has declined by 14% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has decreased from 20:1 over five years.
The Community College of Denver diversity score of 0.76 is more than the state average of 0.62. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $3,394 is less than the state average of $3,735. The in-state tuition has declined by 13% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $12,692 is more than the state average of $10,371. The out-state tuition has declined by 13% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Community College of Denver is a public, comprehensive, learning-centered, urban college that provides open access to a diverse population. CCD, with its main campus in downtown Denver and five branch campuses located throughout the city, has an unduplicated student headcount of 10,793 and a full-time equivalent enrollment of 4,027, annualized (2000-2001). The college reflects the center-city: two-thirds of its student body is low income; approximately 65 percent is first generation; nearly 10 percent has a disability; for more than 8 percent, English is the second language; students of color make up more than 58 percent of CCD's population; and the full- and part-time staffs reflect the faces of CCD students. Our award-winning faculty, small classes and extensive support services combine to provide you a valuable and successful educational experience. Choose from more than 125 programs that prepare you for a new career, job advancement or for transfer to a four-year school. Learn in a traditional classroom setting at a variety of sites or take classes online. Community College of Denver's educational programs are designed to enrich the social, civic and economic fabric of our community, nation and the world. Ideas, innovation and the preparation of a well-trained workforce are essential to a vibrant economy. CCD provides access and opportunity for nontraditional students, workforce development and training resources for local organizations, and community partnerships that are improving high school graduation, college enrollment and career success.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Community College of Denver cost?
Community College of Denver's tuition is approximately $3,394 for In-State students and $12,692 for Out-State students.
What is Community College of Denver's ranking?
Community College of Denver ranks among the top 20% of community college in Colorado for: Average community college minority breakdown and Largest student body.
Learn about the lucrative career opportunities in nano-technology and how you can begin your training right at community college.
The Top Challenges for Non-Traditional Students in Community College
If you are starting community college as an adult, there are certain challenges you can expect to face. Understanding and anticipating those challenges will help you to face them head-on with the greatest chance for success.
January 17, 2023ChatGPT: A Powerful Tool With Many Uses
When your database is the entire Internet, you can answer just about any question lightning-fast. Here are some suggestions for using ChatGTP in your college studies.