- The mission of the college is to provide access to quality student-centered instruction and learning support systems for individuals desiring higher learning.
Central Community College serves 5,974 students (29% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is same as the state community college average of 10:1.
Minority enrollment is 22% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 26%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 5,974 students
- In-state tuition: $2,760
- Out-state tuition: $3,960
- Student:teacher ratio: 10:1
- Minority enrollment: 22%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Central Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Nebraska for:
Debt For Students
The teacher population of 608 teachers has grown by 147% over five years.
Central Community College
(NE) Community College Avg.
Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Mixed Baccalaureate/Associate's
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Central Community College has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Central Community College diversity score of 0.35 is less than the state average of 0.43. The school's diversity has declined by 16% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $2,760 is less than the state average of $4,615. The in-state tuition has declined by 8% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $3,960 is less than the state average of $5,803. The out-state tuition has declined by 8% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Central Community College is a multi-campus community college serving a 25-county area in central Nebraska—approximately 14,000 square miles with a population of more than 280,000. Central administration is located in Grand Island. Three main campuses are located in Columbus, Grand Island and Hastings. Educational centers are located in Holdrege, Kearney and Lexington. Additionally, CCC uses a variety of distance learning techniques to provide educational services in some 90 communities in its service area. Central Community College is one of six community college areas in Nebraska. This structure was the result of 1971 state legislation that formed the six areas and required that all counties in the state become part of one of the community college areas. The College is governed by an 11-member Board of Governors that is elected by the voters in the 25-county service area. The area is comprised of five districts, each represented by two Board members. The eleventh Board member is an at-large position. CCC offers 35 career and technical education programs with a focus on degree, diploma and certificate programs requiring two years or less to complete. The college also offers an academic transfer program for students who want to complete the first two years of a bachelors degree before transferring to a 4-year college or university. In addition, the college offers classes in communities throughout its 25-county service area, online learning, and training and development for businesses, industries and other organizations. The Grand Island Campus offers 16 career education programs as well as academic transfer courses in 18 areas for students who plan to attend CCC for two years before transferring to a four-year college to complete a bachelor's degree.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Central Community College cost?
Central Community College's tuition is approximately $2,760 for In-State students and $3,960 for Out-State students.
What is Central Community College's ranking?
Central Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Nebraska for: Least debt for graduating students.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.