Central Community College
- The teacher population of 246 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Central Community College||(NE) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||246 staff||20 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,377 students||1,769 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,121 students||477 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,256 students||1,292 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||345|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,100||$35,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Central Community College is a multi-campus community college serving a 25-county area in central Nebraska—approximately 14,000 square miles with a population of more than 280,000. Central administration is located in Grand Island. Three main campuses are located in Columbus, Grand Island and Hastings. Educational centers are located in Holdrege, Kearney and Lexington. Additionally, CCC uses a variety of distance learning techniques to provide educational services in some 90 communities in its service area. Central Community College is one of six community college areas in Nebraska. This structure was the result of 1971 state legislation that formed the six areas and required that all counties in the state become part of one of the community college areas. The College is governed by an 11-member Board of Governors that is elected by the voters in the 25-county service area. The area is comprised of five districts, each represented by two Board members. The eleventh Board member is an at-large position. CCC offers 35 career and technical education programs with a focus on degree, diploma and certificate programs requiring two years or less to complete. The college also offers an academic transfer program for students who want to complete the first two years of a bachelors degree before transferring to a 4-year college or university. In addition, the college offers classes in communities throughout its 25-county service area, online learning, and training and development for businesses, industries and other organizations. The Grand Island Campus offers 16 career education programs as well as academic transfer courses in 18 areas for students who plan to attend CCC for two years before transferring to a four-year college to complete a bachelor's degree.
- The nearest community college to Central Community College is Kaplan University-Lincoln Campus (88.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 593 students | 88.00 Mi1821 K St
Lincoln,  NE  68508
- 15 students | 91.20 Mi4001 Pioneer Woods Drive
Lincoln,  NE  68506
- 9,392 students | 91.40 Mi301 South 68th Street Place
Lincoln,  NE  68510
- 5,008 students | 94.80 Mi801 E. Benjamin Avenue
Norfolk,  NE  68701
- 2,052 students | 99.50 Mi2221 Campus Dr
Concordia,  KS  66901
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.