- Southeast Community College values the opportunity to provide quality career/technical and academic educational opportunities for the students, businesses and communities of our district.
Southeast Community College Area serves 9,328 students (35% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is higher than the state community college average of 10:1.
Minority enrollment is 17% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is less than the state average of 26%.
- Enrollment: 9,328 students
- In-state tuition: $2,689
- Out-state tuition: $3,296
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 17%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 846 teachers has grown by 91% over five years.
Southeast Community College Area
(NE) Community College Avg.
Baccalaureate Colleges: Diverse Fields
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Southeast Community College Area has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five years.
The Southeast Community College Area diversity score of 0.30 is less than the state average of 0.43. The school's diversity has declined by 22% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $2,689 is less than the state average of $4,615. The in-state tuition has declined by 24% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $3,296 is less than the state average of $5,803. The out-state tuition has declined by 21% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Southeast Community College has three main campuses located in Beatrice, Lincoln and Milford. In addition, SCC educational centers are located in many communities within the 15-county SCC service area of southeast Nebraska. SCC-Lincoln is located in the state capital of Nebraska enrolling more than 7000 full and part time students in career/technical and Academic Transfer programs, as well as Nebraska Law Enforcement. Career/technical program areas include Business, Laboratory Science Technology, Construction, Electronic/Computer, Family & Consumer Science, Health, Manufacturing, Mass Media/Communication, and Transportation. An outstanding Continuing Education program provides technical, occupational and leisure classes to regional residents and businesses. At the SCC-Lincoln Campus, Continuing Education offers classrooms and labs for technical training for individuals and Workforce Development for employers. This training is customized to fit the needs of each business and is offered at convenient times and places for business employees. Many types of technical training, employee relations and other workshops and seminars are available. The Continuing Education Center is dedicated to professional development for business and industry. It features classrooms, computer labs, meeting rooms and an auditorium, and is designed for conferences, retreats, workshops, and seminars. Activities are an important part of your college experience. Explore new areas, learn leadership skills, and participate in a variety of activities. Southeast Community College offers many different choices from athletics to recreational activities to student organizations to intramurals. We strive to provide social, educational, recreational, and educational opportunities at SCC.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Southeast Community College Area cost?
Southeast Community College Area's tuition is approximately $2,689 for In-State students and $3,296 for Out-State students.
OSHA Training at Community College: Making Workplace Safety Easier
Businesses and prospective employees need to look no further than community colleges for valuable, certified, and affordable OSHA training.
Careers: Smart Grid Tecnology
The "smart grid" presents a myriad of opportunities for green collar jobs. Learn about the job prospects in the industry and how your local community college can provide you with the training to capitalize on this growing industry.
Careers: Culinary Training
Learn about highly acclaimed culinary programs at community colleges.