Southeast Community College Area
- Southeast Community College values the opportunity to provide quality career/technical and academic educational opportunities for the students, businesses and communities of our district.
- The teacher population of 442 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Southeast Community College Area||(NE) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||442 staff||20 staff|
|Total Enrollment||9,392 students||1,769 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||4,572 students||477 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,820 students||1,292 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||624||345|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$37,700||$35,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Southeast Community College has three main campuses located in Beatrice, Lincoln and Milford. In addition, SCC educational centers are located in many communities within the 15-county SCC service area of southeast Nebraska. SCC-Lincoln is located in the state capital of Nebraska enrolling more than 7000 full and part time students in career/technical and Academic Transfer programs, as well as Nebraska Law Enforcement. Career/technical program areas include Business, Laboratory Science Technology, Construction, Electronic/Computer, Family & Consumer Science, Health, Manufacturing, Mass Media/Communication, and Transportation. An outstanding Continuing Education program provides technical, occupational and leisure classes to regional residents and businesses. At the SCC-Lincoln Campus, Continuing Education offers classrooms and labs for technical training for individuals and Workforce Development for employers. This training is customized to fit the needs of each business and is offered at convenient times and places for business employees. Many types of technical training, employee relations and other workshops and seminars are available. The Continuing Education Center is dedicated to professional development for business and industry. It features classrooms, computer labs, meeting rooms and an auditorium, and is designed for conferences, retreats, workshops, and seminars. Activities are an important part of your college experience. Explore new areas, learn leadership skills, and participate in a variety of activities. Southeast Community College offers many different choices from athletics to recreational activities to student organizations to intramurals. We strive to provide social, educational, recreational, and educational opportunities at SCC.
- The nearest community college to Southeast Community College Area is Kaplan University-Lincoln Campus (3.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 593 students | 3.50 Mi1821 K St
Lincoln,  NE  68508
- 15 students | 4.20 Mi4001 Pioneer Woods Drive
Lincoln,  NE  68506
- 145 students | 39.40 Mi11818 I Street
Omaha,  NE  68137
- 22 students | 42.90 Mi7500 Mercy Road
Omaha,  NE  68124
- 39 students | 43.70 Mi10850 Emmet St
Omaha,  NE  68164
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.