Southeast Community College Area
- Southeast Community College values the opportunity to provide quality career/technical and academic educational opportunities for the students, businesses and communities of our district.
- The teacher population of 442 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Southeast Community College Area||(NE) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||442 staff||20 staff|
|Total Enrollment||9,392 students||1,769 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||4,572 students||477 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,820 students||1,292 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||624||345|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$37,700||$35,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Southeast Community College has three main campuses located in Beatrice, Lincoln and Milford. In addition, SCC educational centers are located in many communities within the 15-county SCC service area of southeast Nebraska. SCC-Lincoln is located in the state capital of Nebraska enrolling more than 7000 full and part time students in career/technical and Academic Transfer programs, as well as Nebraska Law Enforcement. Career/technical program areas include Business, Laboratory Science Technology, Construction, Electronic/Computer, Family & Consumer Science, Health, Manufacturing, Mass Media/Communication, and Transportation. An outstanding Continuing Education program provides technical, occupational and leisure classes to regional residents and businesses. At the SCC-Lincoln Campus, Continuing Education offers classrooms and labs for technical training for individuals and Workforce Development for employers. This training is customized to fit the needs of each business and is offered at convenient times and places for business employees. Many types of technical training, employee relations and other workshops and seminars are available. The Continuing Education Center is dedicated to professional development for business and industry. It features classrooms, computer labs, meeting rooms and an auditorium, and is designed for conferences, retreats, workshops, and seminars. Activities are an important part of your college experience. Explore new areas, learn leadership skills, and participate in a variety of activities. Southeast Community College offers many different choices from athletics to recreational activities to student organizations to intramurals. We strive to provide social, educational, recreational, and educational opportunities at SCC.
- The nearest community college to Southeast Community College Area is Myotherapy Institute (2.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 15 students | 2.70 Mi4001 Pioneer Woods Drive
Lincoln,  NE  68506
- 593 students | 3.50 Mi1821 K St
Lincoln,  NE  68508
- 145 students | 39.40 Mi11818 I Street
Omaha,  NE  68137
- 22 students | 42.90 Mi7500 Mercy Road
Omaha,  NE  68124
- 39 students | 43.70 Mi10850 Emmet St
Omaha,  NE  68164
Make sure you don't become part of a community college "dropout factory" by considering these 10 factors when choosing a community college.
In an effort to compete with for-profit schools, New York community colleges have launched an alliance to offer distance learning to make classes more accessible to students.
The coronavirus pandemic has changed the 2019-20 school year for over 14 million college students. Read on to learn the impact of COVID-19 on current students and how colleges around the country are reacting.