Snead State Community College
- The teacher population of 77 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Snead State Community College||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||77 staff||73 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,298 students||1,756 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,544 students||1,004 students|
|# Part-Time Students||754 students||752 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||89||128|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,600||$29,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Snead State Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate Degree. Snead State Community College has an open-door admission policy to assure optimal higher educational opportunities for its citizenry. ACT/SAT is not required for admission. The College admits eligible applicants at the beginning of the fall semester, spring semester, and summer term. Snead State Community College recognizes some types of non-traditional experiences and credit by examination: Advanced Placement (AP); College Level Examination Program (CLEP); Subject Proficiency Examinations; Credit for Specialized Military Service (SMT); United States armed Forces Institute (USAF); and Defense Activity for Non-traditional Education Support (DANTES). Snead State 's Workforce Development Division offers non-credit training opportunities designed at enabling persons to obtain the skills need ed for success in work, life and play. Personal enrichment classes and professional development opportunities are available through Continuing Education (CE) courses while company & industry specific training are facilitated through Training for Existing Business & Industry (TEBI) classes. Short-term training programs aimed at equipping students with those skills needed in today's workforce are addressed in Adult Education & Skill Training (AEST) courses.
- The nearest community college to Snead State Community College is Gadsden State Community College (17.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 5,289 students | 17.80 Mi1001 George Wallace Dr
Gadsden,  AL  35903
- 2,708 students | 27.70 Mi138 Highway 35
Rainsville,  AL  35986
- 5,343 students | 36.10 Mi801 Main St NW
Hanceville,  AL  35077
- 597 students | 43.00 Mi2021 Drake Avenue, SW
Huntsville,  AL  35801
- 138 students | 44.80 Mi904 Oakwood Ave
Huntsville,  AL  35811
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.