J. F. Drake State Community and Technical College
Tel: (256) 539-8161
- Drake?s mission is to provide vocational-technical education through academic and occupational training, from basic education through two-year technical programs. Students develop marketable skills in vocational-technical areas at J. F. Drake, one of a network of forty postsecondary institutions of its kind in the state of Alabama. The 30-acre campus houses eight buildings.
The teacher population of 73 teachers has grown by 21% over five years.
|J. F. Drake State Community and Technical College||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-High Traditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||73 staff||153 staff|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- J. F. Drake State Technical College is a two-year, state-supported, coed, vocational-technical college founded in 1961. J. F. Drake is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate in Applied Technology degree. Diplomas and certificates are also awarded.Drake Tech is located in northeastern Huntsville, home of the NASA Marshall Space Flight Center, the U.S. Army Missile Command, Strategic Defense Command, the Redstone Arsenal, and a host of high-technology industrial centers. The area is one of the fastest-growing engineering and technology centers in the South. Huntsville offers students access to museums, shopping, and fine restaurants.The College assists African-American students to find and contact predominantly African- American schools and colleges which provide educational opportunities that are best suited to the individual students academic achievement and financial resources.
The nearest community college to J. F. Drake State Community and Technical College is Huntsville Bible College (1.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 145 students | 1.90 Mi906 Oakwood Ave
Huntsville, AL 35811
(256) 469-7536 1.90145
- 9,315 students | 23.00 Mi6250 U S Highway 31 N
Tanner, AL 35671
(256) 306-2500 23.009,315
- 6,992 students | 44.00 Mi6015 Ledford Mill Road
Tullahoma, TN 37388
(931) 393-1500 44.006,992
- 2,237 students | 45.00 Mi102 Elder Street
Boaz, AL 35957
(256) 593-5120 45.002,237
- 2,981 students | 45.20 Mi138 Highway 35
Rainsville, AL 35986
(256) 638-4418 45.202,981
Your local community college campus offers a variety of art programs both traditional and modern. Find out more about them here.
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
From nuclear medicine to physical therapy, consider 10 in-demand jobs for community college graduates. With salaries ranging from $50,000 to even $100,000, opportunities are ripe for those with the right training from community colleges.