J. F. Drake State Community and Technical College
Tel: (256) 539-8161
- Drake?s mission is to provide vocational-technical education through academic and occupational training, from basic education through two-year technical programs. Students develop marketable skills in vocational-technical areas at J. F. Drake, one of a network of forty postsecondary institutions of its kind in the state of Alabama. The 30-acre campus houses eight buildings.
The teacher population of 53 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|J. F. Drake State Community and Technical College||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||53 staff||75 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- J. F. Drake State Technical College is a two-year, state-supported, coed, vocational-technical college founded in 1961. J. F. Drake is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate in Applied Technology degree. Diplomas and certificates are also awarded.Drake Tech is located in northeastern Huntsville, home of the NASA Marshall Space Flight Center, the U.S. Army Missile Command, Strategic Defense Command, the Redstone Arsenal, and a host of high-technology industrial centers. The area is one of the fastest-growing engineering and technology centers in the South. Huntsville offers students access to museums, shopping, and fine restaurants.The College assists African-American students to find and contact predominantly African- American schools and colleges which provide educational opportunities that are best suited to the individual students academic achievement and financial resources.
The nearest community college to J. F. Drake State Community and Technical College is Huntsville Bible College (1.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 128 students | 1.90 Mi906 Oakwood Ave
Huntsville,  AL  35811
(256) 469-7536 1.90128
- 9,736 students | 23.00 Mi6250 U S Highway 31 N
Tanner,  AL  35671
(256) 306-2500 23.009,736
- 6,886 students | 44.00 Mi6015 Ledford Mill Road
Tullahoma,  TN  37388
(931) 393-1500 44.006,886
- 2,280 students | 45.00 Mi102 Elder Street
Boaz,  AL  35957
(256) 593-5120 45.002,280
- 2,883 students | 45.20 Mi138 Highway 35
Rainsville,  AL  35986
(256) 638-00000000 45.202,883
Learn about how the community college tuition hikes in the next year may be greater than the rate of inflation.
In light of the huge budget cuts facing California community colleges, class rationing is now on the table as one option to help schools stay in the black. Is it right, fair or even practical? We’ll explore the issue.
Learn about how some convicted criminals abused community colleges' financial aid programs and why Congress has decided to prohibit criminals from being eligible for future aid.