J F Drake State Community and Technical College
- Drake?s mission is to provide vocational-technical education through academic and occupational training, from basic education through two-year technical programs. Students develop marketable skills in vocational-technical areas at J. F. Drake, one of a network of forty postsecondary institutions of its kind in the state of Alabama. The 30-acre campus houses eight buildings.
- The teacher population of 53 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|J F Drake State Community and Technical College||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||53 staff||73 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,062 students||1,756 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||546 students||1,004 students|
|# Part-Time Students||516 students||752 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$26,300||$29,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- J. F. Drake State Technical College is a two-year, state-supported, coed, vocational-technical college founded in 1961. J. F. Drake is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate in Applied Technology degree. Diplomas and certificates are also awarded.Drake Tech is located in northeastern Huntsville, home of the NASA Marshall Space Flight Center, the U.S. Army Missile Command, Strategic Defense Command, the Redstone Arsenal, and a host of high-technology industrial centers. The area is one of the fastest-growing engineering and technology centers in the South. Huntsville offers students access to museums, shopping, and fine restaurants.The College assists African-American students to find and contact predominantly African- American schools and colleges which provide educational opportunities that are best suited to the individual students academic achievement and financial resources.
- The nearest community college to J F Drake State Community and Technical College is Huntsville Bible College (1.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 138 students | 1.80 Mi904 Oakwood Ave
Huntsville,  AL  35811
- 10,802 students | 22.80 Mi6250 U S Highway 31 N
Tanner,  AL  35671
- 2,708 students | 40.70 Mi138 Highway 35
Rainsville,  AL  35986
- 4,758 students | 43.90 Mi6015 Ledford Mill Road
Tullahoma,  TN  37388
- 2,298 students | 45.40 Mi102 Elder Street
Boaz,  AL  35957
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.