J F Drake State Community and Technical College
- Drake?s mission is to provide vocational-technical education through academic and occupational training, from basic education through two-year technical programs. Students develop marketable skills in vocational-technical areas at J. F. Drake, one of a network of forty postsecondary institutions of its kind in the state of Alabama. The 30-acre campus houses eight buildings.
- The teacher population of 53 teachers has grown by 6% over five years.
|J F Drake State Community and Technical College||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||53 staff||73 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,062 students||1,756 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||546 students||1,004 students|
|# Part-Time Students||516 students||752 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$26,300||$29,700|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- J. F. Drake State Technical College is a two-year, state-supported, coed, vocational-technical college founded in 1961. J. F. Drake is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate in Applied Technology degree. Diplomas and certificates are also awarded.Drake Tech is located in northeastern Huntsville, home of the NASA Marshall Space Flight Center, the U.S. Army Missile Command, Strategic Defense Command, the Redstone Arsenal, and a host of high-technology industrial centers. The area is one of the fastest-growing engineering and technology centers in the South. Huntsville offers students access to museums, shopping, and fine restaurants.The College assists African-American students to find and contact predominantly African- American schools and colleges which provide educational opportunities that are best suited to the individual students academic achievement and financial resources.
- The nearest community college to J F Drake State Community and Technical College is Huntsville Bible College (1.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 138 students | 1.80 Mi904 Oakwood Ave
Huntsville,  AL  35811
- 597 students | 4.20 Mi2021 Drake Avenue, SW
Huntsville,  AL  35801
- 10,802 students | 22.80 Mi6250 U S Highway 31 N
Tanner,  AL  35671
- 2,708 students | 40.70 Mi138 Highway 35
Rainsville,  AL  35986
- 4,758 students | 43.90 Mi6015 Ledford Mill Road
Tullahoma,  TN  37388
We report on the recent increases in Stafford Loan Rates, which have led to some community colleges across the country discontinuing this option for financial aid.
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.