Gadsden State Community College
- Gadsden State Community College is a public, open-door, comprehensive community college dedicated to meeting the changing needs of citizens in its service area. It offers the first two years of a four-year degree, a number of technical and certificate programs, and non-credit programs that include continuing education, skills training, and adult education.
- Enrollment: 3,993 students
- In-state tuition: $3,168
- Out-state tuition: $5,880
- Student:teacher ratio: 9:1
- Minority enrollment: 28%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- GSCC consists of the following campuses, centers, and instructional sites in Alabama: Wallace Drive, East Broad, and Valley Street campuses (Gadsden) and Ayers Campus (Anniston); McClellan Center; and Piedmont High School, Pell City High School, Cherokee County, Cleburne County, and St Clair Correctional Facility (IEP) instructional sites. By offering a broad spectrum of programs, GSCC provides all its students with opportunities for education, personal, and professional advancement. A wide range of academic courses prepares students to transfer successfully to four-year institutions. Technical programs equip students to master certain skills, as well as to utilize them through job entry. The College provides a wide range of support services that enable students to function in a collegiate environment and to make decisions appropriate to both their personal and their educational goals. The College has committed itself to becoming an integral part of the lives of those communities that it serves. Continued cooperation with civic, business, and industrial leaders strengthens the ties between the College and these communities. GSCC is pledged to offering quality education in both academic and technical fields to all citizens within its service area. Always receptive to the specific needs of individuals, groups, businesses, and industries, GSCC provides, through specialize courses and training, the knowledge and the techniques necessary for success in several occupational fields. In addition, classroom and on-site experiences further develop students' understanding not only of their immediate environment but also of the larger world around them. The College fosters a spirit of internationalism through cultural exchanges within the communities served.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Gadsden State Community College cost?
Gadsden State Community College's tuition is approximately $3,168 for In-State students and $5,880 for Out-State students.