Gadsden State Community College
- Gadsden State Community College is a public, open-door, comprehensive community college dedicated to meeting the changing needs of citizens in its service area. It offers the first two years of a four-year degree, a number of technical and certificate programs, and non-credit programs that include continuing education, skills training, and adult education.
- The teacher population of 210 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Gadsden State Community College||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||210 staff||73 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,289 students||1,756 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,751 students||1,004 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,538 students||752 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||110||128|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,200||$29,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- GSCC consists of the following campuses, centers, and instructional sites in Alabama: Wallace Drive, East Broad, and Valley Street campuses (Gadsden) and Ayers Campus (Anniston); McClellan Center; and Piedmont High School, Pell City High School, Cherokee County, Cleburne County, and St Clair Correctional Facility (IEP) instructional sites.By offering a broad spectrum of programs, GSCC provides all its students with opportunities for education, personal, and professional advancement. A wide range of academic courses prepares students to transfer successfully to four-year institutions. Technical programs equip students to master certain skills, as well as to utilize them through job entry. The College provides a wide range of support services that enable students to function in a collegiate environment and to make decisions appropriate to both their personal and their educational goals.The College has committed itself to becoming an integral part of the lives of those communities that it serves. Continued cooperation with civic, business, and industrial leaders strengthens the ties between the College and these communities. GSCC is pledged to offering quality education in both academic and technical fields to all citizens within its service area. Always receptive to the specific needs of individuals, groups, businesses, and industries, GSCC provides, through specialize courses and training, the knowledge and the techniques necessary for success in several occupational fields. In addition, classroom and on-site experiences further develop students' understanding not only of their immediate environment but also of the larger world around them. The College fosters a spirit of internationalism through cultural exchanges within the communities served.
- The nearest community college to Gadsden State Community College is Snead State Community College (17.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,298 students | 17.80 Mi102 Elder Street
Boaz,  AL  35957
- n/a students | 27.80 Mi1801 coleman road
Anniston,  AL  36207
- 2,708 students | 38.30 Mi138 Highway 35
Rainsville,  AL  35986
- 5,343 students | 45.60 Mi801 Main St NW
Hanceville,  AL  35077
- 6,013 students | 46.40 Mi3175 Cedartown Highway, S.E.
Rome,  GA  30161
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.