- Wallace State Community College offers a variety of degrees and programs in an attempt to meet the needs, interests, and abilities of the students within the service area of the College. Wallace State Community College is authorized to offer programs leading to the Associate in Arts Degree, Associate in Science Degree, and Associate in Applied Science Degree. Certificate programs are also offered in certain subject areas.
George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville serves 4,763 students (49% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is higher than the state community college average of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 17% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is less than the state average of 38%.
- Enrollment: 4,763 students
- In-state tuition: $4,260
- Out-state tuition: $7,650
- Student:teacher ratio: 13:1
- Minority enrollment: 17%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 365 teachers has grown by 68% over five years.
George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville
(AL) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville has declined by 10% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five years.
The George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville diversity score of 0.30 is less than the state average of 0.55. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $4,260 is less than the state average of $4,439. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $7,650 is more than the state average of $6,998. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Wallace State Community College is an academic and technical college which provides customized training programs for business and industry. Provide programs and services to assist individuals' transition from economic dependency to self-sufficiency. Provide instruction and activities that develop students' broad-based technical skills and occupation-specific skills including but not limited to, academic skills, computer skills and other technological competencies, problem solving and analytical skills, work ethics, interpersonal skills understanding of business principles and economic concepts, and employability skills. Wallace State offers the widest variety of health programs of any community college in Alabama. Each health science program actively seeks national accredition through their speciality organization to demonstrate the quality of our educational programs. If state or national credentialing is available, the health science program prepares students to take that exam upon program completion. Our online courses offer you convenience and flexibility by allowing you to access self-paced training whenever and wherever you want to. Complete audio narration, in-depth topic coverage, interactive simulations, hands-on exercises, video clips, animation, and graphics create enjoyable training designed to help you learn new skills rapidly.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville cost?
George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville's tuition is approximately $4,260 for In-State students and $7,650 for Out-State students.
What is George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville's ranking?
George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville ranks among the top 20% of community college in Alabama for: Largest student body.
OSHA Training at Community College: Making Workplace Safety Easier
Businesses and prospective employees need to look no further than community colleges for valuable, certified, and affordable OSHA training.
Careers: Smart Grid Tecnology
The "smart grid" presents a myriad of opportunities for green collar jobs. Learn about the job prospects in the industry and how your local community college can provide you with the training to capitalize on this growing industry.
Careers: Culinary Training
Learn about highly acclaimed culinary programs at community colleges.