George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville
- Wallace State Community College offers a variety of degrees and programs in an attempt to meet the needs, interests, and abilities of the students within the service area of the College. Wallace State Community College is authorized to offer programs leading to the Associate in Arts Degree, Associate in Science Degree, and Associate in Applied Science Degree. Certificate programs are also offered in certain subject areas.
- The teacher population of 216 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||216 staff||73 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,343 students||1,756 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,899 students||1,004 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,444 students||752 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||189||128|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,800||$29,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Wallace State Community College is an academic and technical college which provides customized training programs for business and industry. Provide programs and services to assist individuals' transition from economic dependency to self-sufficiency.Provide instruction and activities that develop students' broad-based technical skills and occupation-specific skills including but not limited to, academic skills, computer skills and other technological competencies, problem solving and analytical skills, work ethics, interpersonal skills understanding of business principles and economic concepts, and employability skills.Wallace State offers the widest variety of health programs of any community college in Alabama. Each health science program actively seeks national accredition through their speciality organization to demonstrate the quality of our educational programs. If state or national credentialing is available, the health science program prepares students to take that exam upon program completion.Our online courses offer you convenience and flexibility by allowing you to access self-paced training whenever and wherever you want to. Complete audio narration, in-depth topic coverage, interactive simulations, hands-on exercises, video clips, animation, and graphics create enjoyable training designed to help you learn new skills rapidly.
- The nearest community college to George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville is Jefferson State Community College (29.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 8,516 students | 29.10 Mi2601 Carson Rd
Birmingham,  AL  35215
- 3,609 students | 32.30 Mi1411 Indiana Avenue
Jasper,  AL  35501
- 2,298 students | 36.00 Mi102 Elder Street
Boaz,  AL  35957
- 10,802 students | 40.80 Mi6250 U S Highway 31 N
Tanner,  AL  35671
- 425 students | 41.90 Mi280 West Valley Avenue
Birmingham,  AL  35209
We continue to report on the ongoing saga in the California community college system. Schools are now opening for fall semester with fewer courses due to serious budget cuts, and students are feeling the academic pain.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.