George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville
- Wallace State Community College offers a variety of degrees and programs in an attempt to meet the needs, interests, and abilities of the students within the service area of the College. Wallace State Community College is authorized to offer programs leading to the Associate in Arts Degree, Associate in Science Degree, and Associate in Applied Science Degree. Certificate programs are also offered in certain subject areas.
George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville places among the top 20% of community colleges in Alabama for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body
- The teacher population of 216 teachers has declined by 12% over five years.
|George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||216 staff||73 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,343 students||1,756 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,899 students||1,004 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,444 students||752 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||189||128|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Non Resident races||-||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,800||$29,700|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Wallace State Community College is an academic and technical college which provides customized training programs for business and industry. Provide programs and services to assist individuals' transition from economic dependency to self-sufficiency.Provide instruction and activities that develop students' broad-based technical skills and occupation-specific skills including but not limited to, academic skills, computer skills and other technological competencies, problem solving and analytical skills, work ethics, interpersonal skills understanding of business principles and economic concepts, and employability skills.Wallace State offers the widest variety of health programs of any community college in Alabama. Each health science program actively seeks national accredition through their speciality organization to demonstrate the quality of our educational programs. If state or national credentialing is available, the health science program prepares students to take that exam upon program completion.Our online courses offer you convenience and flexibility by allowing you to access self-paced training whenever and wherever you want to. Complete audio narration, in-depth topic coverage, interactive simulations, hands-on exercises, video clips, animation, and graphics create enjoyable training designed to help you learn new skills rapidly.
- The nearest community college to George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville is Jefferson State Community College (29.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 8,516 students | 29.40 Mi2601 Carson Rd
Birmingham,  AL  35215
- 3,609 students | 32.20 Mi1411 Indiana Avenue
Jasper,  AL  35501
- 2,298 students | 36.10 Mi102 Elder Street
Boaz,  AL  35957
- 10,802 students | 40.90 Mi6250 U S Highway 31 N
Tanner,  AL  35671
- 2,818 students | 41.70 Mi488 Palisades Blvd.
Birmingham,  AL  35209
Although Governor Jan Brewer vetoed the bill last year, Arizona lawmakers plan to introduce a new bill allowing guns on college campuses in 2012
Learn about why more students are attending community college classes with their parents.
Learn how to evaluate colleges based on accreditation, and why it's important.