George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville
- Wallace State Community College offers a variety of degrees and programs in an attempt to meet the needs, interests, and abilities of the students within the service area of the College. Wallace State Community College is authorized to offer programs leading to the Associate in Arts Degree, Associate in Science Degree, and Associate in Applied Science Degree. Certificate programs are also offered in certain subject areas.
- The teacher population of 216 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||216 staff||73 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,343 students||1,756 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,899 students||1,004 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,444 students||752 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||189||128|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,800||$29,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Wallace State Community College is an academic and technical college which provides customized training programs for business and industry. Provide programs and services to assist individuals' transition from economic dependency to self-sufficiency.Provide instruction and activities that develop students' broad-based technical skills and occupation-specific skills including but not limited to, academic skills, computer skills and other technological competencies, problem solving and analytical skills, work ethics, interpersonal skills understanding of business principles and economic concepts, and employability skills.Wallace State offers the widest variety of health programs of any community college in Alabama. Each health science program actively seeks national accredition through their speciality organization to demonstrate the quality of our educational programs. If state or national credentialing is available, the health science program prepares students to take that exam upon program completion.Our online courses offer you convenience and flexibility by allowing you to access self-paced training whenever and wherever you want to. Complete audio narration, in-depth topic coverage, interactive simulations, hands-on exercises, video clips, animation, and graphics create enjoyable training designed to help you learn new skills rapidly.
- The nearest community college to George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville is Jefferson State Community College (29.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 8,516 students | 29.40 Mi2601 Carson Rd
Birmingham,  AL  35215
- 3,609 students | 32.20 Mi1411 Indiana Avenue
Jasper,  AL  35501
- 2,298 students | 36.10 Mi102 Elder Street
Boaz,  AL  35957
- 10,802 students | 40.90 Mi6250 U S Highway 31 N
Tanner,  AL  35671
- 2,818 students | 41.70 Mi488 Palisades Blvd.
Birmingham,  AL  35209
Learn about the recent decision to provide additional grants to the Plus 50 Encore Completion program that trains baby boomers at community colleges for new careers.
We review recent reports showing community colleges are placing a new emphasis on STEM education – with considerable success.
Choosing a college major can be tough, but you also need to think about choosing the right type of degree. Keep reading to learn about the five different types of college degrees and your earning potential for each one.