George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville
- Wallace State Community College offers a variety of degrees and programs in an attempt to meet the needs, interests, and abilities of the students within the service area of the College. Wallace State Community College is authorized to offer programs leading to the Associate in Arts Degree, Associate in Science Degree, and Associate in Applied Science Degree. Certificate programs are also offered in certain subject areas.
- The teacher population of 216 teachers has declined by 14% over five years.
|George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||216 staff||73 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,343 students||1,756 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,899 students||1,004 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,444 students||752 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||189||128|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Non Resident races||-||-|
|% Unknown races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.17||0.56|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,800||$29,700|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Wallace State Community College is an academic and technical college which provides customized training programs for business and industry. Provide programs and services to assist individuals' transition from economic dependency to self-sufficiency.Provide instruction and activities that develop students' broad-based technical skills and occupation-specific skills including but not limited to, academic skills, computer skills and other technological competencies, problem solving and analytical skills, work ethics, interpersonal skills understanding of business principles and economic concepts, and employability skills.Wallace State offers the widest variety of health programs of any community college in Alabama. Each health science program actively seeks national accredition through their speciality organization to demonstrate the quality of our educational programs. If state or national credentialing is available, the health science program prepares students to take that exam upon program completion.Our online courses offer you convenience and flexibility by allowing you to access self-paced training whenever and wherever you want to. Complete audio narration, in-depth topic coverage, interactive simulations, hands-on exercises, video clips, animation, and graphics create enjoyable training designed to help you learn new skills rapidly.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 8,516 students | 29.40 Mi2601 Carson Rd
Birmingham,  AL  35215
- 3,609 students | 32.20 Mi1411 Indiana Avenue
Jasper,  AL  35501
- 2,298 students | 36.10 Mi102 Elder Street
Boaz,  AL  35957
- 10,802 students | 40.90 Mi6250 U S Highway 31 N
Tanner,  AL  35671
- 2,818 students | 41.70 Mi488 Palisades Blvd.
Birmingham,  AL  35209
October 09, 2017
Forget the degree! Many community college students are landing good jobs with just a community college professional certificate.
October 07, 2017
October 07, 2017
Learn tips on how to support your child during during their transition to community college.