George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville
Tel: (256) 352-8000
- Wallace State Community College offers a variety of degrees and programs in an attempt to meet the needs, interests, and abilities of the students within the service area of the College. Wallace State Community College is authorized to offer programs leading to the Associate in Arts Degree, Associate in Science Degree, and Associate in Applied Science Degree. Certificate programs are also offered in certain subject areas.
The teacher population of 365 teachers has grown by 43% over five years.
|George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-High Traditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||365 staff||153 staff|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Wallace State Community College is an academic and technical college which provides customized training programs for business and industry. Provide programs and services to assist individuals' transition from economic dependency to self-sufficiency.Provide instruction and activities that develop students' broad-based technical skills and occupation-specific skills including but not limited to, academic skills, computer skills and other technological competencies, problem solving and analytical skills, work ethics, interpersonal skills understanding of business principles and economic concepts, and employability skills.Wallace State offers the widest variety of health programs of any community college in Alabama. Each health science program actively seeks national accredition through their speciality organization to demonstrate the quality of our educational programs. If state or national credentialing is available, the health science program prepares students to take that exam upon program completion.Our online courses offer you convenience and flexibility by allowing you to access self-paced training whenever and wherever you want to. Complete audio narration, in-depth topic coverage, interactive simulations, hands-on exercises, video clips, animation, and graphics create enjoyable training designed to help you learn new skills rapidly.
The nearest community college to George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville is Jefferson State Community College (29.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 8,711 students | 29.10 Mi2601 Carson Rd
Birmingham, AL 35215
(205) 853-1200 29.108,711
- 3,787 students | 32.30 Mi1411 Indiana Avenue
Jasper, AL 35501
(205) 387-0511 32.303,787
- 2,237 students | 36.00 Mi102 Elder Street
Boaz, AL 35957
(256) 593-5120 36.002,237
- 9,315 students | 40.80 Mi6250 U S Highway 31 N
Tanner, AL 35671
(256) 306-2500 40.809,315
- 425 students | 41.90 Mi280 West Valley Avenue
Birmingham, AL 35209
(205) 916-2800 41.90425
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.