Chattahoochee Valley Community College
- If you are looking for the special features that a college close to home can provide, Chattahoochee Valley Community College may be the perfect choice for you. If a beautiful campus with convenient access, a talented and dedicated faculty, a selection of day and night classes, one of the lowest college tuitions in Alabama and Georgia and readily available financial aid appeal to you, then Chattahoochee Valley adds up to the very best college value of the many choices you could make.
- The teacher population of 70 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Chattahoochee Valley Community College||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||70 staff||73 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,805 students||1,756 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,004 students||1,004 students|
|# Part-Time Students||801 students||752 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,800||$29,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Chattahoochee Valley Community College values its students and offers you a place in its special, intimate surroundings. Many others just like you are discovering Chattahoochee Valley as a great investment in their futures. Chattahoochee Valley Community College competes in price, but we also choose to compete in quality as we offer opportunity combined with academic excellence. For the education you want, for the future you want... The College opened in temporary quarters in January 1974. In 1976, the College moved to its present permanent location at 2602 College Drive. In the fall of 2000 the College enrolled approximately 1739 students. The 103-acre site on which the College is located includes eight permanent buildings: an administrative/classroom building, one general purpose classroom building, a learning resources center, a fine arts building, a health and physical education building, a student center, security kiosk, and maintenance building. The instructors at Chattahoochee Valley take pride in their close relationships with students. Your questions, classes, and exams aren't passed along to graduate teaching assistants. Because your instructors often work in their area in addition to teaching, they stay current on the issues in their fields. Personal involvement with students, real-world experience and excellent credentials make our staff exceptional and personable.
- The nearest community college to Chattahoochee Valley Community College is Columbus Technical College (6.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,594 students | 6.10 Mi928 Manchester Expy
Columbus,  GA  31904
- n/a students | 11.50 Mi7300 Blackmon Road
Columbus,  GA  31909
- 1,806 students | 39.60 MiOne College Circle
Lagrange,  GA  30240
- 303 students | 47.40 Mi501College St
Cuthbert,  GA  39840
- 1,658 students | 50.60 Mi900 South GA Tech Parkway
Americus,  GA  31709
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.