- Beaufort County Community College is a public comprehensive community college with a commitment to provide accessible and affordable quality education, relevant training, and lifelong learning opportunities for the people served by the College.
Beaufort County Community College serves 1,382 students (30% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 8:1 is lower than the state community college average of 9:1.
Minority enrollment is 36% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the state average of 40%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 1,382 students
- In-state tuition: $2,368
- Out-state tuition: $8,512
- Student:teacher ratio: 8:1
- Minority enrollment: 36%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 183 teachers has grown by 77% over five years.
Beaufort County Community College
(NC) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Beaufort County Community College has declined by 7% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 8:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Beaufort County Community College diversity score of 0.53 is less than the state average of 0.59. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $2,368 is less than the state average of $2,531. The in-state tuition has declined by 5% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $8,512 is more than the state average of $8,245. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Beaufort County Community College is a public comprehensive community college with a commitment to provide accessible and affordable quality education, relevant training, and lifelong learning opportunities for the people served by the College. Beaufort County Community College began with the operation of a practical nursing program in 1949, under the direction of the State Vocational and Adult Education Department. From 1962 to 1968, the College operated as extension units of Pitt and Lenoir Community Colleges. In December, 1967, the College was officially chartered as Beaufort County Technical Institute. The vocational and technical programs of the College were complemented by a college parallel program which opened in 1968 in conjunction with East Carolina University. In 1979, community college status was granted, and since then, Beaufort County Community College has functioned as a comprehensive community college offering continuing education and awarding associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates. When you arrive on our campus, you can expect affordable quality programs, student-oriented instructors, and accessible services. We've dedicated ourselves to creating a community college that fosters respect for your needs and optimism for your growth. Beaufort County Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate Degrees, diplomas, and certificates. The college is a member of American Association of Community Colleges North Carolina Community College System.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Beaufort County Community College cost?
Beaufort County Community College's tuition is approximately $2,368 for In-State students and $8,512 for Out-State students.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.