Beaufort County Community College
- Beaufort County Community College is a public comprehensive community college with a commitment to provide accessible and affordable quality education, relevant training, and lifelong learning opportunities for the people served by the College.
- Enrollment: 1,539 students
- In-state tuition: $2,368
- Out-state tuition: $8,512
- Student:teacher ratio: 8:1
- Minority enrollment: 42%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Beaufort County Community College is a public comprehensive community college with a commitment to provide accessible and affordable quality education, relevant training, and lifelong learning opportunities for the people served by the College. Beaufort County Community College began with the operation of a practical nursing program in 1949, under the direction of the State Vocational and Adult Education Department. From 1962 to 1968, the College operated as extension units of Pitt and Lenoir Community Colleges. In December, 1967, the College was officially chartered as Beaufort County Technical Institute. The vocational and technical programs of the College were complemented by a college parallel program which opened in 1968 in conjunction with East Carolina University. In 1979, community college status was granted, and since then, Beaufort County Community College has functioned as a comprehensive community college offering continuing education and awarding associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates. When you arrive on our campus, you can expect affordable quality programs, student-oriented instructors, and accessible services. We've dedicated ourselves to creating a community college that fosters respect for your needs and optimism for your growth. Beaufort County Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate Degrees, diplomas, and certificates. The college is a member of American Association of Community Colleges North Carolina Community College System.