Edgecombe Community College
- The mission of Edgecombe Community College is to fulfill the educational, cultural, and training needs of adults and of business, industry, and public service agencies in the service area of the college.
- The teacher population of 86 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Edgecombe Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||86 staff||139 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,552 students||2,380 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1||19:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,156 students||1,019 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,396 students||1,361 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$26,800||$27,500|
- Edgecombe Technical Institute began as an extension unit of Wilson County Technical Institute. In 1967, the college came under complete Edgecombe County administration, thus dissolving the relationship with Wilson County Technical Institute. The final step to full institutional independence came in the spring of 1971 when the General Assembly made all technical institutes of North Carolina independent of any local boards of education and granted government by a 12-member Board of Trustees. The Legislature has since designated a 13th non-voting member to the Board of Trustees, the SGA president. In 1987, the name of the college was officially changed to Edgecombe Community College. In 1997, the college changed from the quarter system to the semester system as mandated by the North Carolina Community College System. ECC is one of the 58 colleges that make up the North Carolina Community College System. Steady growth and expanding impact have characterized Edgecombe Community College as it has evolved from one small building in 1968 into a multi-campus institution with campuses in Tarboro and Rocky Mount, North Carolina. The college helped meet the educational and training needs of about 9,500 individuals in our community last year. ECC's main campus is located on 120 acres 2.5 miles south of Tarboro and comprises eight buildings. ECC also operates a campus in the Edgecombe County portion of Rocky Mount. This campus covers one city block and comprises two buildings. The college's newest building, the Arts, Civic and Technology Center, opened on the Tarboro campus in May 2004. In addition to a 1,020-seat auditorium, the building features classrooms, computer labs, offices, and rentable spaces for meetings, conferences, and receptions. The college offers 49 curriculum programs resulting in two-year degrees, one-year diplomas, or certificates. Through the Continuing Education division, we offer about 600 continuing education classes annually. We also offer customized training to local business and industry through our Business and Industry division. We make every effort to tailor our programs and classes to meet students' needs. Edgecombe Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate in arts degrees, associate in science degrees, and associate in applied science degrees. The following agencies accredit or approve specific programs: the North Carolina State Board of Community Colleges, the N.C. State Board of Nursing, the N.C. State Board of Cosmetic Art Examiners, American Medical Association, the Committee on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Program (CAAHEP), and the American Association of Colleges and Junior Colleges.
- The nearest community college to Edgecombe Community College is Nash Community College (19.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,537 students | 19.50 Mi522 N. Old Carriage Road
Rocky Mount,  NC  27804
(252) 443-4011 19.503,537
- 353 students | 20.20 Mi1021 WH Smith Blvd Ste 102
Greenville,  NC  27834
(252) 215-2000 20.20353
- 1,777 students | 20.80 Mi902 Herring Ave
Wilson,  NC  27893
(252) 291-1195 20.801,777
- 8,902 students | 24.50 Mi1986 Pitt Tech Road
Winterville,  NC  28590
(252) 493-7200 24.508,902
- 477 students | 26.90 Mi1161 Kehukee Pk Rd
Williamston,  NC  27892
(252) 792-1521 26.90477