Martin Community College
- Martin Community College is a public comprehensive community college serving primarily residents of Martin County and segments of Bertie and Washington Counties. The College provides quality post-secondary curriculum programs leading to an Associate in Arts, Associate in Applied Science, or General Education degree, diploma, or a certificate of proficiency. Also offered is a certificate of attendance or diploma for Continuing Education courses.
- The teacher population of 83 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Martin Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||83 staff||139 staff|
|Total Enrollment||477 students||2,380 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1||19:1|
|# Full-Time Students||244 students||1,019 students|
|# Part-Time Students||233 students||1,361 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$23,600||$27,500|
- Martin Community College was initially authorized as Martin Technical Institute by the General Assembly of North Carolina during the 1967 session. The State Board of Education exercised the authority the General Assembly delegated to it by contracting with the Martin County Board of Education for the establishment of a unit of the North Carolina Department of Community College System. This action was finalized on September 7, 1967. Martin Technical Institute was granted community college status by the General Assembly on June 26, 1975, with funding for a two-year college transfer program appropriated on July 1, 1976. The name was officially changed to Martin Community College on July 1, 1976. Martin Community College is conveniently located one mile west of Williamston, North Carolina. The physical plant consists of 146,265 square feet of space used to provide realistic instruction in air-conditioned classrooms, laboratories, and shops. The library has a collection of approximately 30,200 volumes as well as special resource materials selected by professional librarians in consultation with faculty and administrative personnel. The College is committed to providing quality educational experiences at a reasonable cost and at times convenient to students who work part-time or full-time. In addition to scheduling traditional classes to meet the needs of students, the College offers a variety of distance learning opportunities including Internet classes, classes on the North Carolina Information Highway, and telecourses. Martin Community College serves as an educational link between adults with educational needs and employers with needs for a skilled workforce. Occupational and vocational/technical training are emphasized in both curriculum and continuing education offerings. Additional emphases are placed on the College's transfer programs, basic skills programs, and developmental education programs.
- The nearest community college to Martin Community College is Beaufort County Community College (22.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,035 students | 22.00 Mi5337 US Highway 264 East
Washington,  NC  27889
- 353 students | 23.40 Mi1021 WH Smith Blvd Ste 102
Greenville,  NC  27834
- 8,902 students | 26.00 Mi1986 Pitt Tech Road
Winterville,  NC  28590
- 2,552 students | 26.70 Mi2009 W Wilson St
Tarboro,  NC  27886
- 1,007 students | 34.40 Mi109 Community College Rd
Ahoskie,  NC  27910