Northwest Kansas Technical College
- Northwest Kansas Technical College is the place you want to be for an affordable quality education. Our surveys show that over 90% of our graduates become employed or continue their education shortly after graduation. Our students enjoy the best of the best with smaller class sizes and a faculty with educational credentials as well as professional experiences. Our faculty and staff love what they do and look forward to sharing their passion, experiences and knowledge with you. Students at Northwest Tech become a part of our family because the faculty and staff take a personal interest in the success of each student. We offer on-campus mentoring as well as work-study opportunities. The Community of Goodland and Sherman County take pride in providing employment opportunities for the students of Northwest Tech while they attending college. Northwest Tech students have an opportunity to enjoy a small town environment, but can also enjoy the metropolitan life-style if they choose to venture out to Denver, Colorado (180 miles west). Hiking, exploring, theatre and many other weekend adventures are within driving distance from Goodland, Kansas.
Northwest Kansas Technical College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Kansas for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
- The teacher population of 48 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Northwest Kansas Technical College||(KS) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||48 staff||62 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||17||17|
|Total Enrollment||647 students||1,551 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||316 students||653 students|
|# Part-Time Students||331 students||898 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||200||300|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$40,400||$34,000|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||95%||90%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$10,000||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$5,500||$5,454|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Northwest Kansas Technical College is Colby Community College (34.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,508 students | 34.60 Mi1255 S Range
Colby,  KS  67701
- 839 students | 101.40 Mi2401 S Main St
Lamar,  CO  81052
- 2,072 students | 105.60 Mi801 Campus Dr
Garden City,  KS  67846
- 384 students | 109.10 Mi404 East 7th
Curtis,  NE  69025
- 1,776 students | 119.30 Mi100 College Avenue
Sterling,  CO  80751
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.