Lamar Community College
- Lamar Community College offers exceptional educational opportunities that help students develop maximum potential, achieve a global perspective, and prepare to succeed in our ever-changing world. As a comprehensive community college, LCCs enriching academic environment equips students for admission to four-year colleges and universities, achieves technical and vocational learning goals, and provides opportunities for developmental and lifelong instruction. At Lamar Community College, we enrich lives through learning.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Lamar Community College||(CO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||29 staff||40 staff|
|Total Enrollment||839 students||1,643 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1||36:1|
|# Full-Time Students||419 students||742 students|
|# Part-Time Students||420 students||901 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||330|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,400||$33,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Located on the golden plains of southeastern Colorado, the College has developed a special concern for the educational needs of Prowers, Baca, Kiowa, and Cheyenne Counties. Yet its unique programs, small class size, dedicated staff, personalized attention, and idyllic setting make it a preferred educational destination for the State of Colorado, the nation, and the world. Lamar Community College offers a wide curriculum of challenging and enriching programs designed to meet the needs and career aspirations of traditional and nontraditional students alike. Students may pursue either an Associate of Arts (A.A.), an Associate of Science (A.S.), an Associate of General Studies (A.G.S.), an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree, or a vocational certificate. Whether you seek a career in agriculture, computer science, cosmetology, education, equestrian, graphic design, or medicine, wish to take special interest courses or pre-professional training, or pursue online learning, we have a degree and/or certificate program that you will find rewarding. Lamar Community College is located on the southern edge of the City of Lamar on Highway 287. Its facilities are maintained on a spacious 115-acre campus bounded on the east by lush Willow Creek, a wooded area that is home to deer and a large variety of birds and other wildlife. Our athletic facilities include a multimillion dollar Wellness Center that houses a state-of-the-art athletic complex. Men's basketball and women's volleyball practice and compete in one of the better gymnasiums in the area. All student athletes benefit from health facilities, a training room, locker room, and first-class fitness center. Baseball and softball share a premier indoor batting facility with locker rooms, four full batting cages, indoor mounds, and work out area. Merchant's Park, home to the the Runnin' Lopes baseball team, is one of the finer in the country. Women's softball competes in a newly constructed complex, while our rodeo team benefits from two outdoor and one completely enclosed arena.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,434 students | 50.80 Mi1802 Colorado Ave
La Junta,  CO  81050
- 2,072 students | 96.60 Mi801 Campus Dr
Garden City,  KS  67846
- 647 students | 101.40 Mi1209 Harrison St
Goodland,  KS  67735
- 5,816 students | 110.50 Mi900 West Orman Avenue
Pueblo,  CO  81004
- 1,925 students | 116.00 Mi1801 N. Kansas Ave.
Liberal,  KS  67901
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.