Lamar Community College
- Lamar Community College offers exceptional educational opportunities that help students develop maximum potential, achieve a global perspective, and prepare to succeed in our ever-changing world. As a comprehensive community college, LCCs enriching academic environment equips students for admission to four-year colleges and universities, achieves technical and vocational learning goals, and provides opportunities for developmental and lifelong instruction. At Lamar Community College, we enrich lives through learning.
The teacher population of 29 teachers has declined by 19% over five years.
|Lamar Community College||(CO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||29 staff||54 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Located on the golden plains of southeastern Colorado, the College has developed a special concern for the educational needs of Prowers, Baca, Kiowa, and Cheyenne Counties. Yet its unique programs, small class size, dedicated staff, personalized attention, and idyllic setting make it a preferred educational destination for the State of Colorado, the nation, and the world. Lamar Community College offers a wide curriculum of challenging and enriching programs designed to meet the needs and career aspirations of traditional and nontraditional students alike. Students may pursue either an Associate of Arts (A.A.), an Associate of Science (A.S.), an Associate of General Studies (A.G.S.), an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree, or a vocational certificate. Whether you seek a career in agriculture, computer science, cosmetology, education, equestrian, graphic design, or medicine, wish to take special interest courses or pre-professional training, or pursue online learning, we have a degree and/or certificate program that you will find rewarding. Lamar Community College is located on the southern edge of the City of Lamar on Highway 287. Its facilities are maintained on a spacious 115-acre campus bounded on the east by lush Willow Creek, a wooded area that is home to deer and a large variety of birds and other wildlife. Our athletic facilities include a multimillion dollar Wellness Center that houses a state-of-the-art athletic complex. Men's basketball and women's volleyball practice and compete in one of the better gymnasiums in the area. All student athletes benefit from health facilities, a training room, locker room, and first-class fitness center. Baseball and softball share a premier indoor batting facility with locker rooms, four full batting cages, indoor mounds, and work out area. Merchant's Park, home to the the Runnin' Lopes baseball team, is one of the finer in the country. Women's softball competes in a newly constructed complex, while our rodeo team benefits from two outdoor and one completely enclosed arena.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,200 students | 50.90 Mi1802 Colorado Ave
La Junta, CO 81050
(719) 384-6800 50.901,200
- 1,917 students | 96.70 Mi801 Campus Dr
Garden City, KS 67846
(620) 276-7611 96.701,917
- 821 students | 100.60 Mi1209 Harrison St
Goodland, KS 67735
(785) 890-3641 100.60821
- 6,197 students | 110.40 Mi900 West Orman Avenue
Pueblo, CO 81004
(719) 549-3200 110.406,197
- 1,870 students | 116.70 Mi1801 N. Kansas Ave.
Liberal, KS 67901
(620) 624-1951 116.701,870
While community colleges are a very affordable option over four-year universities, some campuses are increasing their tuition either across the board or for popular degree programs.
With a large percentage of community college students needing remedial coursework, educators and policymakers are questioning the causes and solutions to this problem. Gather insight into the issue and how students can better prepare for community college coursework.
Learn about the demand for technicians of alternative fuel automobiles and its future career potential. Start your career as an alternative fuel vehicle technician at your local community college.