Lamar Community College
- Lamar Community College offers exceptional educational opportunities that help students develop maximum potential, achieve a global perspective, and prepare to succeed in our ever-changing world. As a comprehensive community college, LCCs enriching academic environment equips students for admission to four-year colleges and universities, achieves technical and vocational learning goals, and provides opportunities for developmental and lifelong instruction. At Lamar Community College, we enrich lives through learning.
- Enrollment: 723 students
- In-state tuition: $3,357
- Out-state tuition: $5,722
- Student:teacher ratio: 8:1
- Minority enrollment: 42%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Located on the golden plains of southeastern Colorado, the College has developed a special concern for the educational needs of Prowers, Baca, Kiowa, and Cheyenne Counties. Yet its unique programs, small class size, dedicated staff, personalized attention, and idyllic setting make it a preferred educational destination for the State of Colorado, the nation, and the world. Lamar Community College offers a wide curriculum of challenging and enriching programs designed to meet the needs and career aspirations of traditional and nontraditional students alike. Students may pursue either an Associate of Arts (A.A.), an Associate of Science (A.S.), an Associate of General Studies (A.G.S.), an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree, or a vocational certificate. Whether you seek a career in agriculture, computer science, cosmetology, education, equestrian, graphic design, or medicine, wish to take special interest courses or pre-professional training, or pursue online learning, we have a degree and/or certificate program that you will find rewarding. Lamar Community College is located on the southern edge of the City of Lamar on Highway 287. Its facilities are maintained on a spacious 115-acre campus bounded on the east by lush Willow Creek, a wooded area that is home to deer and a large variety of birds and other wildlife. Our athletic facilities include a multimillion dollar Wellness Center that houses a state-of-the-art athletic complex. Men's basketball and women's volleyball practice and compete in one of the better gymnasiums in the area. All student athletes benefit from health facilities, a training room, locker room, and first-class fitness center. Baseball and softball share a premier indoor batting facility with locker rooms, four full batting cages, indoor mounds, and work out area. Merchant's Park, home to the the Runnin' Lopes baseball team, is one of the finer in the country. Women's softball competes in a newly constructed complex, while our rodeo team benefits from two outdoor and one completely enclosed arena.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Lamar Community College cost?
Lamar Community College's tuition is approximately $3,357 for In-State students and $5,722 for Out-State students.
What is Lamar Community College's ranking?
Lamar Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Colorado for: Least expensive tuition.