Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture
- Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture (NCTA) offers a unique campus setting. Nestled in the canyons of south west Nebraska the campus is a State Arboretum and Tree City USA. You may enjoy your walk to class in a park like setting, picnic tables are frequently occupied by students studying, eating or just enjoying the beautiful surroundings. Students will enjoy many activities on campus throughout the year. NCTA students can choose to participate in Varsity Sports, Rodeo Team, Equestrian Team, Judging Team, Ranch Horse Team and several clubs and originations, including Collegiate FFA and 4-H. NCTA has a climate controlled arena that the students are welcome to use with their own horses. (Equine Safety class required). Horse boarding is also available within walking distance of the campus. NCTA is committed to providing students with the preparation necessary to develop highly technical employable skills or to continue educational opportunities at a baccalaureate granting university.
Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture places among the top 20% of community colleges in Nebraska for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture||(NE) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||18 staff||20 staff|
|Total Enrollment||384 students||1,769 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||228 students||477 students|
|# Part-Time Students||156 students||1,292 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||266||345|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$49,400||$35,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture is Mid-Plains Community College (35.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,143 students | 35.10 Mi1101 Halligan Drive
North Platte,  NE  69101
- 1,508 students | 91.60 Mi1255 S Range
Colby,  KS  67701
- 647 students | 109.10 Mi1209 Harrison St
Goodland,  KS  67735
- 6,377 students | 113.20 Mi3134 West Hwy 34
Grand Island,  NE  68802
- 1,776 students | 140.90 Mi100 College Avenue
Sterling,  CO  80751
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.