- Part of the University of Nebraska system, the Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture is a two-year institution with a statewide mission of preparing students for successful careers in agriculture, veterinary technology and related industries. NCTA is known for its affordable tuition, high job-placement rate for its graduates, and for the success of student teams in competitive activities including crops judging, ranch horse events, livestock judging, shotgun sports, stock dog trials, and intercollegiate rodeo. The college is consistently ranked as one of the best two-year schools in the nation.
- Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture (NCTA) offers a unique campus setting. Nestled in the canyons of south west Nebraska the campus is a State Arboretum and Tree City USA. You may enjoy your walk to class in a park like setting, picnic tables are frequently occupied by students studying, eating or just enjoying the beautiful surroundings. Students will enjoy many activities on campus throughout the year. NCTA students can choose to participate in Varsity Sports, Rodeo Team, Equestrian Team, Judging Team, Ranch Horse Team and several clubs and originations, including Collegiate FFA and 4-H. NCTA has a climate controlled arena that the students are welcome to use with their own horses. (Equine Safety class required). Horse boarding is also available within walking distance of the campus. NCTA is committed to providing students with the preparation necessary to develop highly technical employable skills or to continue educational opportunities at a baccalaureate granting university.
- Enrollment: 282 students
- In-state tuition: $5,026
- Out-state tuition: $9,446
- Student:teacher ratio: 16:1
- Minority enrollment: 7%
- Source: Verified school update
Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Nebraska for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Ag Business Club, Aggie Rodeo Association, Collegiate Cattlemen, Collegiate FFA, Crops Judging Team, CRU, Farm Bureau Club, Livestock Judging Team, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Ranch Horse Team, Rodeo Team, Safari Club, Stock Dog Team, Student Senate, Student Technicians of Veterinary Medicine Association, Trap Shooting Club, Women in Ag
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Intramural Basketball, Intramural Flag Football, Intramural softball, Intramural Volleyball