Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture
- Part of the University of Nebraska system, the Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture is a two-year institution with a statewide mission of preparing students for successful careers in agriculture, veterinary technology and related industries. NCTA is known for its affordable tuition, high job-placement rate for its graduates, and for the success of student teams in competitive activities including crops judging, ranch horse events, livestock judging, shotgun sports, stock dog trials, and intercollegiate rodeo. The college is consistently ranked as one of the best two-year schools in the nation.
- Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture (NCTA) offers a unique campus setting. Nestled in the canyons of south west Nebraska the campus is a State Arboretum and Tree City USA. You may enjoy your walk to class in a park like setting, picnic tables are frequently occupied by students studying, eating or just enjoying the beautiful surroundings. Students will enjoy many activities on campus throughout the year. NCTA students can choose to participate in Varsity Sports, Rodeo Team, Equestrian Team, Judging Team, Ranch Horse Team and several clubs and originations, including Collegiate FFA and 4-H. NCTA has a climate controlled arena that the students are welcome to use with their own horses. (Equine Safety class required). Horse boarding is also available within walking distance of the campus. NCTA is committed to providing students with the preparation necessary to develop highly technical employable skills or to continue educational opportunities at a baccalaureate granting university.
Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture places among the top 20% of community colleges in Nebraska for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 18 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture||(NE) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||18 staff||20 staff|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||21 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Ag Business Club, Aggie Rodeo Association, Collegiate Cattlemen, Collegiate FFA, Crops Judging Team, CRU, Farm Bureau Club, Livestock Judging Team, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Ranch Horse Team, Rodeo Team, Safari Club, Stock Dog Team, Student Senate, Student Technicians of Veterinary Medicine Association, Trap Shooting Club, Women in Ag
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Intramural Basketball, Intramural Flag Football, Intramural softball, Intramural Volleyball
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
Profile last updated:
The nearest community college to Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture is Mid-Plains Community College (35.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,143 students | 35.10 Mi1101 Halligan Drive
North Platte,  NE  69101
(800) 658-4308 35.102,143
- 1,508 students | 91.50 Mi1255 S Range
Colby,  KS  67701
(785) 462-3984 91.501,508
- 647 students | 109.10 Mi1209 Harrison St
Goodland,  KS  67735
(785) 890-3641 109.10647
- 6,377 students | 116.60 Mi3134 West Hwy 34
Grand Island,  NE  68802
(308) 398-4222 116.606,377
- 1,776 students | 141.10 Mi100 College Avenue
Sterling,  CO  80751
(970) 521-6600 141.101,776
Learn about the steps you need to take to successfully transfer from a community college to a 4-year institution.
Online courses are an affordable and convenient alternative to attending a traditional university. With the advent of the first all-online community college in California, the world of community college is changing and changing quickly. Keep reading to learn more.
Many people view college campuses as bastions of free speech, but recent actions taken by some institutions of higher learning indicate that this may not always be the case.