Northeastern Junior College
- Northeastern Junior College is the largest residential two-year college campus in the state. It is located on the high plains of Northeastern Colorado. Approximately 65% of full time traditional age students enrolled are in transfer programs and 35% are pursuing career/technical cetificates/degrees.
- The teacher population of 64 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Northeastern Junior College||(CO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||64 staff||40 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,776 students||1,643 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||36:1|
|# Full-Time Students||981 students||742 students|
|# Part-Time Students||795 students||901 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||330|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,300||$33,100|
- Northeastern Junior College, located in Sterling, Colorado, was established in 1941 and is Colorado's largest 2-year residential college. We are located in northeastern Colorado about 125 miles from Denver. At NJC, our students have the best of both worlds. They can take advantage of over 80 programs of study while enjoying small classes, individual instructor attention and the complete college experience. Each year, Northeastern's enrollment is approximately 4,000 learners. NJC has between a 1,000 and 1,100 full-time traditional age students (ages 17-22) who are enrolled full-time on our campus with 12 or more credit hours. NJC also serves approximately 3,000 part-time learners each year. Students attend Northeastern from many areas! On average we have traditional age students on campus from over 90% of the 63 counties in Colorado; from approximately 20 different states and several foreign countries. Northeastern Junior College is fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
- The nearest community college to Northeastern Junior College is Morgan Community College (39.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,837 students | 39.50 Mi920 Barlow Road
Fort Morgan,  CO  80701
(970) 542-3100 39.501,837
- 5,001 students | 83.80 Mi5401 W. 20th St.
Greeley,  CO  80632
(970) 330-8008 83.805,001
- 4,388 students | 88.40 Mi1400 E College Dr
Cheyenne,  WY  82007
(307) 778-5222 88.404,388
- 1,836 students | 88.50 Mi1601 East 27th Street
Scottsbluff,  NE  69361
(308) 635-3606 88.501,836
- 341 students | 98.80 Mi3842 South Mason Street
Fort Collins,  CO  80525
(970) 223-2669 98.80341