- Northeastern Junior College is the largest residential two-year college campus in the state. It is located on the high plains of Northeastern Colorado. Approximately 65% of full time traditional age students enrolled are in transfer programs and 35% are pursuing career/technical cetificates/degrees.
- Enrollment: 1,293 students
- In-state tuition: $3,394
- Out-state tuition: $4,892
- Student:teacher ratio: 8:1
- Minority enrollment: 32%
- Source: Verified school update
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Northeastern Junior College, located in Sterling, Colorado, was established in 1941 and is Colorado's largest 2-year residential college. We are located in northeastern Colorado about 125 miles from Denver. At NJC, our students have the best of both worlds. They can take advantage of over 80 programs of study while enjoying small classes, individual instructor attention and the complete college experience. Each year, Northeastern's enrollment is approximately 4,000 learners. NJC has between a 1,000 and 1,100 full-time traditional age students (ages 17-22) who are enrolled full-time on our campus with 12 or more credit hours. NJC also serves approximately 3,000 part-time learners each year. Students attend Northeastern from many areas! On average we have traditional age students on campus from over 90% of the 63 counties in Colorado; from approximately 20 different states and several foreign countries. Northeastern Junior College is fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.